News - flood/storm coverage

Go tell those with flooded homes that I'm prejudiced and that some of their taxes should go abroad to keep rich depots and their familiars in luxury.

You look up how the despots live and where they've got bank accounts and huge villas overseas all from money y0ou're happy to pay for.

Hang on a second - I thought that the money funded the Chinese and Indian space industry, and their nuclear weapons. How far is this money going?

Anyway lets get back to the real world, which is you are complaining about how 0.7% of our budget is spent. Why are you so relaxed about the 99.3%? Is the real issue that you don't want the "foreigners" getting their hands on our money, and you are using this issue as a drum to beat out your tune of petty prejudices?

It must be frustrating having to hide your true feelings and not being able to say what you really want to.

It truly is the end of the world. I read the Guardian yesterday and instead of blaming the government or the EA they were saying that its just "one of those things" that happens.

Further on in the letters page and there's criticism of Miliband. Same in the opinion columns.

What on earth is going on?

Whats Milliband got to do with anything??

The only critisism I can think of is why is he down there wondering around, the man can't do anything about it??

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/pictures-of-politicians-in-wellies-and-staring-at-floods

Picture 21 is my favourite, the He-man pose :hihi:

Why are they stood in the flood? Why not move 5 meters back and stand on dry land?

So Ash Tray makes wild racist accusations and when called to provide evidence for his or her tiny brains warped sense of the world, ups and leaves for another thread. I suppose we should only expect a person with such a low IQ to refuse to accept when they are wrong. Its just a shame we have to put up with these kinds of people :roll:

So Ash Tray makes wild racist accusations and when called to provide evidence for his or her tiny brains warped sense of the world, ups and leaves for another thread. I suppose we should only expect a person with such a low IQ to refuse to accept when they are wrong. Its just a shame we have to put up with these kinds of people :roll:

No I leave you to stew for a while, it's quite hilarious. But I I think that from what I've seen recently since I joined SF that if ever I'm on trial I'll ask to go before a panel of judges. Some certain members on here would be quite frightening on a jury.

---------- Post added 13-02-2014 at 17:03 ----------

Hang on a second - I thought that the money funded the Chinese and Indian space industry, and their nuclear weapons. How far is this money going?

Anyway lets get back to the real world, which is you are complaining about how 0.7% of our budget is spent. Why are you so relaxed about the 99.3%? Is the real issue that you don't want the "foreigners" getting their hands on our money, and you are using this issue as a drum to beat out your tune of petty prejudices?

It must be frustrating having to hide your true feelings and not being able to say what you really want to.

0.7% = £11300000000 (or so I'm told) is obviously small change to you. but if you thought for a while and stopped to think what that kind of money could do for worthwhile causes at home in the UK maybe your head would come out of the sand.

It truly is the end of the world. I read the Guardian yesterday and instead of blaming the government or the EA they were saying that its just "one of those things" that happens.

Further on in the letters page and there's criticism of Miliband. Same in the opinion columns.

What on earth is going on?

Probably the same reason you read The Guardian, 5th columnists. At the end of the day labour have had no opportunity to take the blame for things for nearly the last four years, except from people like you who are desperately trying to blame the recession on Labour. However, it was on the news recently that the Environment Agency showed evidence of their funding requests since 2010 and also the government rejection letters for the requested funding since 2010.

What on Earth is going on?

Interesting article from Paul Hudson about the coverage.

Number of properties affected in Somerset - 40 = blanket coverage

Southern England as a whole - 800-900 properties

Coastal surge last December in Yorkshire - 688 properties = hardly a mention

2007 Yorkshire & Humber - 23,479 properties flooded.

But hey, it gives both Politicians and journalists an excuse for a photo op or report from somewhere with a strategically placed flooded area behind them, even if they've had to travel miles to find it.

Archived