How many ex pats in Canada ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Sheffield expats in Canada Any one ever run into Phillip Wharton ex Heeley Banker off the Arbourthorne. I think he went to Edmonton around 1968. I understand he became a radio announcer - yes accent and all!! Would love to track him down, we were good pals at school. As a side bar our friends from Sheffield are digging themselves out from about six feet of snow down in the London Ontario area - nothing (yet) here in Toronto! Thanks Royston

Hi Sheffield expats in Canada Any one ever run into Phillip Wharton ex Heeley Banker off the Arbourthorne. I think he went to Edmonton around 1968. I understand he became a radio announcer - yes accent and all!! Would love to track him down, we were good pals at school. As a side bar our friends from Sheffield are digging themselves out from about six feet of snow down in the London Ontario area - nothing (yet) here in Toronto! Thanks Royston

Come on Royston maybe 3' at the most.

Those streamers off Lake Huron are so narrow.

I live 5km West from London city limits and we had 1 cm thats right 1/3 inch.

You could see the line in Lambeth where the streamer ended

Thanks sweetdexter My pal is a "Wednesdayite" and believes Wednesday should be top of the Premiership, so I should know better than to trust his statements about the weather!! I know a couple of years ago I was in London for a meeting - came out and could hardly see anything, and figured I might be looking for accomodation, but by the time I reached the 401 there was no snow at all. You're right tho' strange weather off the lakes. Regards Royston - ex Arbouthorner.

I emigrated to Montreal in 1968. Worked on control systems for the paper industry, which put me on the Gaspe for three years, a year in Newfoundland, then back to Montreal until 1977 when my company moved me to New England. I've been here ever since, and very happy with it. Used to fly from Montreal to Toronto and back every monday for head office conference. My favorite beer was Labatt 50.

Archived