How many ex pats in Canada ?

I've posted on this thread earlier (p2). By way of an update, here on Prince Edward Island we're battening down the hatches to prepare for a hurricane (Kyle, I think) that's supposed to hit us on Sunday. Just when the golf courses had started to dry out from the last tropical storm.

How are you doing rog? Did that hurricane arrive yet?

Hi everyone, I was born in Sheffield but my parents emigrated to Canada in the early 60's. I lived in a town called Aurora and then we moved to Mississauga. I now live back in Sheffield. I have friends in Canada and visited them in the 80 's, I may even go back to visit them again soon. Even though Canada is a wonderful place, I love Sheffield and the surrounding countryside.

How are you doing rog? Did that hurricane arrive yet?

It was supposed to hit us tonite Joto, but they're now predicting that it's tracking west and will hit New Brunswick on its way up to Labrador. We'll just get a bit of rain and wind, nothing too serious. A storm in a teacup for us. cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Billy Jackson, an old schoolmate of mine from Newhall, went out to Canada, and lived in Toronto. Sadly, he died in Jan 2006.

The Blanchard sisters, Molly and Ann, from Ecclesfield, also went out to Ontario, many years ago and settled.

• 3 months later...

Emmigrated to Canada in 1968 Forty years ago. Have lived in Winnipeg, Calgary, Langley B.C. Now living in Chilliwack B.C. Was born in Hillsborough, Sheffield, in 1947. Sure miss the old country. Even though I am a Candian Citizen, I will always call myself British and proud of it.

Hi there. Just managed to get back on the forum, after being told for a few months that my password/user name was wrong! I live in Edmonton, Alberta, born in Sheffield in 1939, lived on the Foxhill Estate, came to Canada in 1965

got family in grande cashe , is that near you ?.

on arrival in Canada both my work manager and forman where from Sheffield plus a lot of other limey's for yrs we would be visiting host plants in the states,(high speed candy machine) one time taking a trainee down with me a remark was made why he didn't speak like the rest of us, it dawned on us he was the very first Canadian they had ever heard:D:D:D

Archived