Sign the petition

You mean the people who chose to have their 1.5million pound houses built at the side of the Thames even though they know it floods, who have got two boats moored up at the side of their houses but yet emergency crews come and get them and they moan when their houses get wet?

David Cameron has already said that 'money is no object' as far as helping them out of the government's purse is concerned. Amazing.

They're talking on the news about having to book themselves in to hotels, whilst northern working families are still using foodbanks. Pity Cameron won't help them. When's the Daily Mail going to run a petition for them?

You mean the people who chose to have their 1.5million pound houses built at the side of the Thames even though they know it floods, who have got two boats moored up at the side of their houses but yet emergency crews come and get them and they moan when their houses get wet?

David Cameron has already said that 'money is no object' as far as helping them out of the government's purse is concerned. Amazing.

just seen on sky news 2 houses that flooded that aren't 1.5 million houses and their homes have been destroyed. our city flooded not long ago, and our city is built on seven hills!

Yeah I want life saving drugs taken out of the mouths of starving Africans to make sure southerners can keep their Range Rovers protected.

They have insurance, those in the third world don't. We are their insurance, without us, they die.

David Cameron has already said there is an unlimited pot of money for those affected by the floods...what the **** more do you want?

Yeah I want life saving drugs taken out of the mouths of starving Africans to make sure southerners can keep their Range Rovers protected.

They have insurance, those in the third world don't. We are their insurance, without us, they die.

well maybe if the governments in these countries you are talking about didn't spend all there money on arms and guns and didn't slaughter there own people and starve their own people, then we wouldn't be paying for their drugs as the government might spend it on life saving drugs. when I was growing up in the 80's it was all about Ethiopia which was a terrible thing that was happening at the time, and all the support we gave was right as no one should suffer like that. my argument with you reply was the Ethiopian was spending all its money on arms and guns, while the world bailed its own people out.

Is that the fault of the people who are starving that their Governments are corrupt? No.

The reason they are in this position is because people like you want to turn a blind eye and let them get on with it.

How can you want to take drugs out of the mouth of a baby with AIDS to give to people who have to wade through a bit of knee length water in Somerset? That kid has had nothing to do with the Government that runs his country.

So what do we let them die because their own Governments wont help them?

The money for those affected by the floods is there, however much they need as Mr Cameron said...so I don't understand why you're still wanting a petition that would ultimately lead to babies dying because they have nothing to eat.

Is that the fault of the people who are starving that their Governments are corrupt? No.

I never said it was, I was just stating a fact.

is it the fault of the people of somerset that their homes have been flooded, no! Was it sheffields people fault that Sheffield flooded,no! im talking about the current flooding in this country. unfortunately im unable to undo all the wrongs in the world we live in world.

I never said it was, I was just stating a fact.

is it the fault of the people of somerset that their homes have been flooded, no! Was it sheffields people fault that Sheffield flooded,no! im talking about the current flooding in this country. unfortunately im unable to undo all the wrongs in the world we live in world.

You can't just turn the aid tap off, it's not that simple. Look at all the money that's gone into health programmes etc, to pull the plug now would be idiotic, and cost us far more in the long run.

So Gazza you want to take money away from the needy and from projects like childrens vaccinations, education when there is no need to?

Some of the foreign aid will go on arms as export credits. You know where that money goes? Straight back to the UK who sell them the arms and straight back to UK exporters.

Why divert the foreign aid budget when they have opened up other funding to pay for the floods? Arent you bothered what the removal of that money will mean for some of the poorest countries on this planet or you just dont care?

Archived