Sign the petition

get on the daily mail website and sign the online petition to get the govt to divert its massive foreign aid money pot, to help the people who are being affected by the floods down south,

why is it a choice between one or the other?

money is always put aside for these sorts of events. that nasty eu makes money available as well, all the government needs to do is ask for it.

money is always put aside for these sorts of events. that nasty eu makes money available as well, all the government needs to do is ask for it.

Yep we might get some of our own money back from the EU if we're lucky...

Yeah I want life saving drugs taken out of the mouths of starving Africans to make sure southerners can keep their Range Rovers protected.

They have insurance, those in the third world don't. We are their insurance, without us, they die.

David Cameron has already said there is an unlimited pot of money for those affected by the floods...what the **** more do you want?

starving africans dont make me laugh they are richer than england they just wont help them selfs and why would they when idiots like you are sending them money. england should come first. sod other countrys

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 11:10 ----------

britain first other countrys can wait. send them condoms to stop them breeding. or just drop a nuke on them and then wont need to send them money. i dont pay tax so it can help some other country when they wont help them selfs.

england has alot of homeless and aids ridden kids.

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 11:13 ----------

camron is just acting like he cares he only doing it so plebs vote for him and if people do there just as thick as him.

I mentioned it on a previous thread, but Catcliffe has badly flooded in the past yet we're building thousands of homes just up the road at Waverley. Is this likely to be an issue in the future?

Regards

Doom

I may be wrong, but doesn't UP the road give a clue as to whether they are at more of a flood risk than Catcliffe

Were you calling for this for the people of Winn Gardens?

As with down south, I would expect the insurance to take care of any losses people suffer, but I would certainly support Government money being used to prevent further floods in places like Winn Gardens.

I don't think the Government has handled this crisis particularly well, but that's not the fault of the people down south and I do feel for those who have suffered damage to their properties, just as a felt the same for those in Sheffield who suffered during our floods.....A house is somebodies home, whether it costs £1million or £50k, I find it fairly sad that some people seem to be getting pleasure because the rich are suffering.

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 11:32 ----------

I may be wrong, but doesn't UP the road give a clue as to whether they are at more of a flood risk than Catcliffe

I'm not sure how much higher Waverley is than Catcliffe, it certainly doesn't seem a lot higher when I've walked between the two.

There is also the issue of additional hardstanding causing more run off and further flood problems down at Catcliffe as a result of this development.

You'd like to think this has all been calculated, but with a chunk of the country currently under water you do have to wonder whether this is the case with planners.

Regards

Doom

As with down south, I would expect the insurance to take care of any losses people suffer, but I would certainly support Government money being used to prevent further floods in places like Winn Gardens.

I don't think the Government has handled this crisis particularly well, but that's not the fault of the people down south and I do feel for those who have suffered damage to their properties, just as a felt the same for those in Sheffield who suffered during our floods.....A house is somebodies home, whether it costs £1million or £50k, I find it fairly sad that some people seem to be getting pleasure because the rich are suffering.

I've not seen anyone getting pleasure because the rich are suffering.

There is also the issue of additional hardstanding causing more run off and further flood problems down at Catcliffe as a result of this development.

Doom

Doesn't any new hardstanding now have to be porous and qualify to some sort of SUDS standard?

starving africans dont make me laugh they are richer than england they just wont help them selfs and why would they when idiots like you are sending them money. england should come first. sod other countrys

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 11:10 ----------

britain first other countrys can wait. send them condoms to stop them breeding. or just drop a nuke on them and then wont need to send them money. i dont pay tax so it can help some other country when they wont help them selfs.

england has alot of homeless and aids ridden kids.

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 11:13 ----------

camron is just acting like he cares he only doing it so plebs vote for him and if people do there just as thick as him.

Never mind spending on foreign aid or rich southerners, we need to spend more on teaching English.

you live in a dream world, why don't we ask the eu for money to bail us out of our recession then, oh I forgot we bailed Greece and Portugal and Ireland out, whos helping us, no one

My question would be, why haven't the DEC (Disasters Emergency Committee) started an appeal? Checking their 'about us' page that I've linked to, it suggests that they're comprised of 14 UK charities that swing into action if 1)The scale and urgency of the disaster calls for decisive action, 2) their member agencies are in a position to provide effective and swift humanitarian assistance and 3) would the public support them? - They have a proven track record of being able to work with flood/typhoon/tsunami victims, and they are a UK charity so why have they not followed their own criteria and declared an event that can help with an appeal?

Archived