Tony Benn Dies.

Did you talk about this HH?

They probably spoke about this.

Why was Hilary Benn's family home saved from the sea while the nearby harbour was abandoned?

Environment secretary Hilary Benn has come under fire after flood defences outside his family's home were shored up while a historic harbour nearby is being abandoned to the sea.

Last October 100 concrete tiles were replaced on a sea wall outside the Essex farm belonging to Mr Benn's father Tony, after they were ripped off by the tide.

But at the same time the Environment Agency decided to abandon to the sea the harbour at Southwold and parts of the nearby village of Walberswick, 70 miles up the coast on the Blyth estuary in Suffolk.

he used to go on BBC Question Time and rail against the iniquities of capitalist inequality and then, once he'd finished spouting his tedious, repetitive drivel, hail his limousine to take him home to his four-storey Regency mansion in Holland Park, West London - one of the most prestigous, exclusive, and expensive, addresses in the country. Totally outrageous.

In hospital 4 days now poor old boy is very ill,him and Dennis Skinner are the only politicians i have ever had any respect for.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2557327/Veteran-Labour-politician-Tony-Benn-88-seriously-ill-hospital-admitted-weekend.html

Never agreed with his politics but admired his conviction and consistency,hope he pulls through.

They probably spoke about this.

Why was Hilary Benn's family home saved from the sea while the nearby harbour was abandoned?

Environment secretary Hilary Benn has come under fire after flood defences outside his family's home were shored up while a historic harbour nearby is being abandoned to the sea.

Last October 100 concrete tiles were replaced on a sea wall outside the Essex farm belonging to Mr Benn's father Tony, after they were ripped off by the tide.

But at the same time the Environment Agency decided to abandon to the sea the harbour at Southwold and parts of the nearby village of Walberswick, 70 miles up the coast on the Blyth estuary in Suffolk.

How is 70 miles away considered nearby? Sharrow and the city centre are "nearby" to each other... Waterthorpe and Crystal Peaks centre are nearby...

My father lives near Chesterfield. I live in Sheffield. it's about 14 miles and a half-hour drive away. I don't consider that anything like nearby. When he lived two- hundred yards from me, THAT was nearby. When I moved 2.8 miles, and two bus rides away from him, I did not consider that anything like nearby.

How is 70 miles away considered nearby? Sharrow and the city centre are "nearby" to each other... Waterthorpe and Crystal Peaks centre are nearby...

My father lives near Chesterfield. I live in Sheffield. it's about 14 miles and a half-hour drive away. I don't consider that anything like nearby. When he lived two- hundred yards from me, THAT was nearby. When I moved 2.8 miles, and two bus rides away from him, I did not consider that anything like nearby.

Ivanava is just comparing situations.

Distance is not the defining factor.

Archived