American peanut butter £4.25!!

Genetically modified peanuts?

I stopped buying Reese's Cups after reading the label - they contain GM ingredients.

I tried to stop because of that, but my second tongue really go's for the GM taste :gag::gag:

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 15:14 ----------

There are certain products which are actually imported from the UK, there is a box of cereal Tesco sell called lucky charms...£5...the price reflects the cost of importing it from the US.

Now either its part of that range or as someone else has said, it's a standard product that will be shown as 'half price' in a few weeks.

I saw them on sale a while ago at much less than a fiver.

It's the most disgusting thing you can eat for brekkie :gag::gag::gag:

I actually bought some Kool Aid from Tesco yesterday I think they're imported from America but they weigh about a gram per sachet which is probably the reason it was only 30p.

for Yarn enthusiasts like myself, Kool-Aid makes a fantastic dye for your yarn. the colours are lovely. Wheezy (on here) 's young daughter, a while ago, did some yarn dyeing, and the colours were fabulous.

I wouldn't like to think what the Kool-Aid would do to our insides, though, if it were ingested as the manufacturers intended (K-A is a fruit-flavORD drink, that you make by adding the powder in the sachet to water, and mixing. the colours are a bit bright, a-la mountain dew)

In my local Tesco, American peanut butter £4.25 for a 450g jar.

Are they having a laugh??? :hihi::hihi:

What brand? If its Skippy youre getting ripped off as its available here without worry.

Peter Pan brand and youre being ripped off

Jif and its the right amount.

PS American peanut butter, at least the stuff made in the states, will have vegetable oil added (at least to the smooth kind) to keep it extra smooth and creamy. It generally wont separate either (no oil floating at the top). I dont know what the heck they do it to in order to make sure that doesnt happen

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 18:27 ----------

Cheeky yanks!

And they probably picked up our superb Harrier Jumpjets for aboot £4 a ton.:hihi:

My mother has been known to buy British made pastry dough at $10 a pound (500g), Small box of Quality Street (thats about to expire) $10 and jammy dodgers for $7

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 18:29 ----------

for Yarn enthusiasts like myself, Kool-Aid makes a fantastic dye for your yarn. the colours are lovely. Wheezy (on here) 's young daughter, a while ago, did some yarn dyeing, and the colours were fabulous.

I wouldn't like to think what the Kool-Aid would do to our insides, though, if it were ingested as the manufacturers intended (K-A is a fruit-flavORED drink, that you make by adding the powder in the sachet to water, and mixing. the colours are a bit bright, a-la mountain dew)

Fixed that spelling there PT ;)

and you forgot the twenty (not really) cups of sugar that need to be added to the drink. It stains like no tomorrow. Until my Dad remodelled his kitchen there were red Kool Aid fruit punch stains on our counter that were about 20something years old.

Exactly. If people want to pay it, they willl sell it.

Its nothing new. There are shops in the states that sell "English" products and charge a premium for it.

Look at this one... Branston Pickle for over $8.

http://www.britishfoodshop.com/product.asp?id=1619

Its no different to the latest craze of US Candy stores opening in every shopping precinct selling Hershey's chocs and Reeces(?) products at ludicrous prices.

Even closer to home I have seen bottles of Hendersons sold in Selfridges food hall as an "exclusive" for over £6 a bottle.

Archived