Does anyone know what this plug socket is?

as you mentioned a heating duct, its likely to be for an electric towel rail, it doesnt need a fuse, as the fuse is in the switch on the other side of the wall.

its just known as a flex outlet plate, and the switch on the other side is known as a fused spur

they are that common, id imagine you misunderstood the electrician, and he meant he didnt know what purpose it served there, rather than not knowing what it was.

It could be a mobile phone charger socket. The screws to either side of the hole may well be for adjusting the voltage. I presume the 'M' stands for 'Motorola' (same shape letter), although I'm unsure as to what the 'K' alludes to. :huh:

I'm sure the "K" alludes to the new android phones that have upgraded to Kitkat. They come with a special circular adapter to plug them in.

I thought MK was just the name of the manufacturer of the socket/plate. Could it be an old 5 amp cable point for a heater/light or both? or even a bathroom fan?

Either that of the previous owner was a MKDons fan and had MKDTV piped through to every room including for whilst he was sat on the .....er!

I thought MK was just the name of the manufacturer of the socket/plate. Could it be an old 5 amp cable point for a heater/light or both? or even a bathroom fan?

Either that of the previous owner was a MKDons fan and had MKDTV piped through to every room including for whilst he was sat on the .....er!

And what do you know? MK clearly stands for "Motorola Kitkat" Are you stupid or something? ;)

I'm sure the "K" alludes to the new android phones that have upgraded to Kitkat. They come with a special circular adapter to plug them in.

Ah, thanks ... I knew someone would know. Android phone charger ... problem solved! :thumbsup:

Ah, thanks ... I knew someone would know. Android phone charger ... problem solved! :thumbsup:

*HIGH FIVE* We're like the Scooby Doos of Sheffieldforum.

Mystery solved children. You can all rest easy tonight.

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 23:49 ----------

Yes I am, and I realised this after the first ridiculous half of my previous post. :blush:

I'm so sorry Mr Bloom for pointing out your idiocy. But how would you ever learn if I didn't :hihi:

Archived