EU-The Single Market is beneficial to the UK.

Personally I think we should be fully in or fully out.

You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out ...

---------- Post added 14-02-2014 at 14:47 ----------

Trust the Guardian to manage to put so much anti-Gvt spin on this one :rolleyes:

Cameron is not a Eurosceptic, never has been. Neither is his Gvt or the Coalition, for that matter.

Still...it's not as if a lot of us haven't already said as much (in EU = good, exit EU = bad) on here for a long time, so these reports will make nice linking materials in due course, provided they stand up to scrutiny :)

He'll have to be if he wants to try and bribe people back from the UKIP vote

Another insightful report is due later this year when it is expected civil servants Britain report they have found that it is rainy in Britain.

Of course a single market is of great benefit. Eurosceptics oppose the federalisation that goes beyond the development of trade agreements.

As beneficial as the single market is, I don't think a lot of people understand how beneficial it is for Britain.

I agree that there is a difference between being a Euro-sceptic and bring anti-EU.

As beneficial as the single market is, I don't think a lot of people understand how beneficial it is for Britain.

I agree that there is a difference between being a Euro-sceptic and bring anti-EU.

Western Europe's percentage share of the worlds wealth was greater before the advent of the EEC/EU than it is now.

I agree with this. I'm very pro-Europe, but also very anti-EU.

---------- Post added 14-02-2014 at 19:21 ----------

Western Europe's percentage share of the worlds wealth was greater before the advent of the EEC/EU than it is now.

Probably due to the relative growth of other economies.

Hard euroscepticism is the opposition to membership of, or the existence of, the European Union as a matter of principle. The Europe of Freedom and Democracy group in the European Parliament, typified by such parties as the United Kingdom Independence Party, is hard eurosceptic. In western European EU member countries, hard euroscepticism is currently a hallmark of many anti-establishment parties. Though in the UK Independence Party case, it is a right-wing populist party, which is pro establishment supporting the monarchy.

Soft euroscepticism is support for the existence of, and membership of, a form of European Union, but with opposition to specific EU policies, and opposition to a federal Europe. The European Conservatives and Reformists group, typified by centre-right parties such as the British Conservative Party, along with the European United Left–Nordic Green Left which is an alliance of the left-wing parties in the European Parliament, is soft eurosceptic.

So what is the point you are trying to make or are we allowed to put the dots together?

Are you suggesting the EU has anything to do with this negative shift in wealth?

The single market is beneficial to the UK, and we need to be part of it for trade reasons.

However, just because I think we are better of in the EU does not mean I think we should accept the bad things about the EU. Our best option is to stay in and fight for reform of the EU. If we leave the EU we don't be able to do that, but we will still have to abide by single market rules in order to trade with our neighbours.

how can we hope to reason with the nazis and frogs who hate us ?

Just read the article .....

"On balance, not including agriculture, the EU's role in trade has been beneficial in liberalising international trade."

That is like saying that I love being married, its just the wife that I dont like ;)

how can we hope to reason with the nazis and frogs who hate us ?

May I suggest growing up a bit? You'll find the French & Germans are much easier to do business with if you aren't going round calling names.

---------- Post added 15-02-2014 at 12:52 ----------

Just read the article .....

"On balance, not including agriculture, the EU's role in trade has been beneficial in liberalising international trade."

That is like saying that I love being married, its just the wife that I dont like ;)

There's a lot more to the EU then the common agricultural policy.

However, there is an awful lot wrong with the CAP and it badly needs reforming IMHO.

---------- Post added 15-02-2014 at 12:54 ----------

Didn't quite a lot of Western Europe have empires and colonies back then?

Archived