Choola Bridal on Ecclesall Road - PLEASE HELP

Hello ladies,

I have been reading through these posts over he past few weeks as I also have a dress with choola. I completely agree that the service I received on the day of picking my dress was excellent and was offered the insurance. Fortunately my parents and myself decided to go for this. Both my parents and myself had very persuasive phone calls at the end of November reminding us to sign up for the insurance which thankfully we did because my boyfriend received a call the other day informing him that the business was closing. The value of our dresses (the money we have paid) has been used to float the business since December and that although my dress has been ordered it has not been paid for.

Naturally this is a very emotionally stressful situation and I hope you can sort your dresses out.

I have contacted the insurance company and the dress designers who have both been extremely helpful.

Please don't let the frustration and stress of this situation make a bad mark on a lovely experience and the dress of your dreams!

Persevere with your communications and I would suggest contacting your insurance if you have it to get the ball rolling and recouperate the money!

Hi girls

I bought my dress at Choola too and have been wondering what's going on. Tried to contact them & the designer and will update if I hear back. Thanks to others for posting what they know. Although it's rubbish, I am glad to know a little bit more about what's going on from this thread.

Good luck brides! I hope we'll all get our dresses x

I've also had a dress on order since October which has been fully paid for.

Had one email from choola after sending quite a few.

This email said they were closed due to illness and would be re opening in the near future, Which obviously now is not the case !

I have spoken to events insurance and my designer both who are in the dark about what's happening.

Good link on companycheck.co.uk as said in previous post

There seems to be no money in the bank so is pointing to more of a bankruptcy job.

There is a bridal shop in Chesterfield who have taken some of the dresses on from choola they have posted on Facebook.

Nora eve bridal boutique

Hope everyone gets this sorted it's so upsetting

---------- Post added 02-03-2014 at 20:39 ----------

I believe you are referring to Ivan, who is Francesca's husband. His company information is here

companycheck.co.uk/director/909567002

Ivan emailed us advising that all was fine a couple of weeks ago. This would appear not to be the case.

Nice one

Liquidated 4 businesses eh??

Perhaps our biggest frustration has been the lack of contact and misinformation from Choola. While the signs were removed and the shop emptied, other bridal shops are posting that Choola have closed, yet the only actual contact from Choola advised us that our dress would be arriving as expected, when we have actually discovered that it hasn't been paid for, although we paid Choola in full. Without the people on this forum, we could well be sitting around happily, none the wiser. Thanks to all of you.

I don't know the circumstances that have led to the shop closing, but I think the lack of information, and indeed misinformation, is out of order.

It appears that our insurance will not pay out until the company actually confirms it has closed, something Choola themselves have still failed to do. It really is time that they showed us a little bit of courtesy and made contact with the people who have handed over their money to them in good faith.

Perhaps our biggest frustration has been the lack of contact and misinformation from Choola. While the signs were removed and the shop emptied, other bridal shops are posting that Choola have closed, yet the only actual contact from Choola advised us that our dress would be arriving as expected, when we have actually discovered that it hasn't been paid for, although we paid Choola in full. Without the people on this forum, we could well be sitting around happily, none the wiser. Thanks to all of you.

I don't know the circumstances that have led to the shop closing, but I think the lack of information, and indeed misinformation, is out of order.

It appears that our insurance will not pay out until the company actually confirms it has closed, something Choola themselves have still failed to do. It really is time that they showed us a little bit of courtesy and made contact with the people who have handed over their money to them in good faith.

How do we know/find out if and when they will confirm? Do we just have to wait for our insurers to let us know? There's nothing on their website and I haven't tried their phone number since Wednesday but their Facebook page going is a big sign! Maybe they've removed it so that we don't have the forum to let others know that are perhaps blissfully unaware of what is going on!?!

Could we use photos of an empty shop as evidence?

Neither our credit card company or our insurance will proceed until we can show the business has closed. Choola Limited still show as an active company on Companies House. Although Nora Eve Bridal have advised via Facebook that Choola has closed and Ivan told them he would be contacting their customers last week, we havent heard a thing.

Iv been informed by a friend who knows the owners that letters are being sent this week which will tell you exactly what's happened and what to do next. They will also officially close so that the insurance can be sorted. Apparently there is lots of legal stuff that has to be done before they can even contact customers and this has really frustrated the owners because they wanted to contact brides a few weeks ago but the legalities have stopped them. I'm afraid I don't know much more other than that Francesca is ill and that they are both devastated about what's happened. I guess you would be too if you had just lost your business. I feel bad for everyone involved and I hope all the brides get sorted too. Whatever the reasons for closing it's really sad.

That's good that we'll all get a bit more info on this. I've just talked to Nora Eve Bridal and they say that it might be possible to get my designer to send my dress there to do my final fitting, so I won't have to travel too far to collect it.

Fingers crossed!!

Please stop feeling sorry for Francesca and Ivan, when a company goes into liquidation they are not allowed to inform anyone however; they knew that there company was in trouble but that did not stop them from taking our money, don't forget Ivan has already had 4 previous companies liquidated this did not stop him from causing stress and heartbreak to many brides! I have been informed that you can contact Victoria from Private Label supplier for Choola on 01765530282 who has confirmed that they still may have dresses that Choola ordered but failed to pay for.

My daughter has a wedding dress and accessories which were held by Choola until she was to be married. Unfortunately the wedding was called off, but we hadn't collected the items. I have managed to get in touch with Ivan and have found him extremely helpful, wanting to make sure we get what we are entitled to.

I get the impression that both Ivan and Francesca are devastated by what's happened and their hands were tied until a few days ago due to the potential sale of the business - but this fell through at the end of February. Trying to make the business succeed in difficult trading conditions has taken it's toll on Francesca's health, it appears.

Ivan confirmed that letters will be going out very soon, to inform customers of what the position is regarding the outstanding orders etc.

Archived