Choola Bridal on Ecclesall Road - PLEASE HELP

Hi everyone, I'm hoping I can help a few people out. I am a bride to be (getting married on 3 May) who ordered my dress through Choola. I received a call from the insurance company to say there had been problems and that they are closing down. I very fortunately was driving passed Choola the other day and managed to see the owner. They are meant to be writing out to brides next week to inform us all about what to do about our dresses. I chose a dress which was designed by Sharon Bowen based in Cheshire and my lovely finance drove over there today to see what he could find out. Sharon is currently on leave, but she has text me today and said that she can sort my dress out. She did say that there are 3 brides that she is still looking for but doesn't have their contact details. If you are one of those brides, I might be able to help you contact her. I'm hoping the letters will give everyone a bit more insight, but I would advise people to contact their dress designers directly. It might take a bit of web searching! Good luck. ADDITIONAL INFO - Just had a text from Sharon Bowen. She is looking for three people who have ordered their dress from her aswell. Are you Arthur, Mulcahy or Foster? If you are, or know who they are, get in touch and I might be able to help!

jodywig, how did you hear from your insurer? I thought insurers couldn't do anything until the company was dissolved. And how did you give Choola your insurance details? They haven't contacted me at all. And by 'owner' do you mean Francesca or Ivan?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

---------- Post added 05-03-2014 at 22:03 ----------

jodywig, how did you hear from your insurer? I thought insurers couldn't do anything until the company was dissolved. And how did you give Choola your insurance details? They haven't contacted me at all, and these letters aren't much use 'next week' when quite a few of us are getting married in less than a month. And by 'owner' do you mean Francesca or Ivan?

Hi, my insurer contacted me to say that other people had contacted them about Choola and he was asking if I had heard anything. Choola didn't have my insurance details and I haven't heard anything from Choola at all, it was just pure luck that I was passing and saw Ivan coming out of the shop which is all closed down. My insurance company can't do anything until I receive the letter from Choola as proof they are closed. Do you know who the designer of your dress is?

Yes, I'm working with my designer and it'll all be sorted. Just hoping Choola will send the letters soon, I want to get the insurance claim started.

Thank you jodywig.

Hi, when my insurance company (Events Insurance) got in touch, they said I need the letter as proof, and they have emailed me the claim form through so I can get it completed now, and then attached the letter as soon as it arrives. So glad you have got your dress sorted. So stressful!

Update on the Choola website. Hopefully we will be able to start getting things in order shortly...

"It is with great sadness that the Director must inform all concerned that Choola Ltd ceased trading on 4th March 2014

Formal letters notifying brides of the company’s situation will be sent out ont he 7th March 2014 to all Made to Order and Made to Measure brides. Where brides are insured with our recommended insurer EIS, we are liaising with the insurer who has confirmed they will contact brides and designers directly to ensure all orders are delivered in full at no extra cost or inconvenience. Where brides have their own insurance the letter contains information that the insurers will likely require to make a claim. Where brides are not insured further details will be included to help these brides make a claim for a refund through their card issuer.

Brides that bought a dress ‘off the rail’ and those with accessories/shoe orders should contact the seamstress Amie B on 0114 266 7637 she is open Tuesdays to Saturdays as your dress and accessories are stored with her awaiting your collection or alterations, please be advised that she has no further information regarding the company’s circumstances as she is a totally separate business.

We wish to thank all our customers past and present for their support over the past five and half years your kindness and custom has meant so much to us – thank you. If you have any further queries, or have accessories that have not yet arrived in storage please email enquiries@choola.co.uk and the director will answer your enquiry as quickly as possible.

Ivan and Francesca."

Archived