Choola Bridal on Ecclesall Road - PLEASE HELP

Hi, we have paid for my daughters dress and accessories through Choola, we wouldn't have known anything about them ceasing trading if it wasn't for this forum as we do not live in Sheffield. Fortunately we have spoken to Victoria from Private Label who has been great, but we do need to speak with Sharon Bowen, however despite voicemail messages and emails she has not responded. Can Jodywig give us alternative contact details for Sharon Bowen, her web site seems to be down also.

We have not had anything from Choola, so can't even start recovery of money. Really didn't think they would do this to their customers, they seemed so nice. A little common decency goes a long way.

Hi all.

A family member called us over the weekend to inform us that the shop had closed. We were due to collect our dress any day for an overseas wedding early may.

When checking the choola website we found a holding page suggesting people email them for info and they will also send a letter outlining the situation. We have now sent several emails and recieved no reply nor have we recieved any letter from choola.

Looking further back on this thread I noticed another bridal shop had been mentioned, Nora eve in Chesterfield. We have contact this shop and spoke with holly the owner. Initially quite nice (although she didn't come back to us when promised), she confirmed that they have taken over the choola order book and purchased their stocks. Apparently they are unable to contact customers yet due to legal reasons but are happy to help if customers call them. I suggest this being the first call for people chasing dresses.

Sadly for us the dress is still with the dress maker and although we paid in full late last year choola hasn't paid a penny to the supplier! We too have now been in touch with private label and await their reply.

In addition to the above we have sought legal advice and will be taking further action against choola. I understand the local newspapers are also eager to talk to anyone left out of pocket because of this.

As previous posts any other contact details for the choola directors would be much appreciated.

Thank you rothermann198.

We won't be going to the chesterfield shop, arranged with private label and allocated a shop of our choice. Will see about contacting the chesterfield shop though to see if they have any info about the accessories we have on order with Sharon Bowen.

Hi all,

I have been in regular contact with Sharon Bowen, her website was definitely up last week, although you're right it appears to be down now.

However, she told me last week that she was off to Austria for a week, and I don't think she's back yet. So that will probably explain why she's not replying to emails or calls.

Her other website, http://daisidaisi.com/ is still working.

I still haven't received a letter from Choola yet.

---------- Post added 11-03-2014 at 14:57 ----------

Just to note as well, when I spoke to Nora Eve bridal, I was told that they had only bought the 'off the peg' and sale dresses. So if your dress was one of those, you might be in luck.

But if it was being made for you, your designer is probably the best person to contact.

I've not received anything yet. Doesn't surprise me though... I'm not holding my breath.

My insurance company (John Lewis) have said they'll pay out though as I showed them the Choola website and an invoice and letter from my designer.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

---------- Post added 13-03-2014 at 12:33 ----------

Received my letter today! Hope you all do as well, so you can get your insurance claims started.

Glad we've got some closure on this.

Have a lovely wedding day everyone. 3 weeks and 2 days to go for me!!

Im afraid they have gone bust love They are saying that if you took out their recommended insurance you will be ok but they aren't giving their contact details so it may be a delaying tactic. If you paid by credit card you can claim back from them if not you've got problems by the look of it Sorry to be the carrier of bad news

---------- Post added 14-03-2014 at 19:52 ----------

Also I must tell you that my future daughter in law has received a letter telling her the dress she ordered and paid for in September 2013 has not been ordered and that the money has been used to run the shop so Im thinking the owners may not be the goody goodies everyone seems to say they are. Make up your own minds on that one

Not sure what you mean notgoodnews, it has already been established several times previously in this thread that they've gone bust.

I received the same letter as your daughter-in-law.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Archived