Choola Bridal on Ecclesall Road - PLEASE HELP

I was referring to the sentence that said her money had specifically been used to fund the day to day running of the shop. It sounds a little ominous to us and no one else has mentioned that their money has gone the same way although its possible previous posters may have omitted this. As for the shop going bust I was merely replying to the previous poster who was obviously not aware of the earlier posts stating this. If my post has caused you concern which it seems to have done then I'm afraid I am the one who doesn't understand what you mean.

The fact that they've used our money to pay the rent was mentioned in an earlier post: "The value of our dresses (the money we have paid) has been used to float the business since December".

And the previous poster was me, and I definitely knew they've gone bust. :(

But anyway, it doesn't matter. Although this has been handled terribly by Choola at least all the brides have been informed now and can start to look at insurance and credit card claims.

Hi All,

We have been in contact on and off with Ivan @ Choola for a few days now (all via email). Initially he said that he would "see what he could do" about refunding us after we ordered and paid for our dress last year, shortly after this he emailed to say they have no fund and can't help. Very dishonest way of working.

Did everyone receive a letter from Choola? although they promised to send these on the 7th ours was post-dated the 12th and only send after several chaser emails. Didn't really give much helpful info although the official statement in the Star provides a bit more on why the shop closed.

We have been in touch with the dress maker directly (private Label) who I must say have been very helpful. Fantastic customer service.

Hope everyone manages to secure their dresses, good luck to you all.

We received a letter eventually, which has meant we have now been able to move forward with getting a refund through our insurance and reordering the dress.

The dress is now in Sheffield with Amy B, who will be taking Carr of the alterations. We found Amy and Victoria at Private Label both to be fantastic and completely agrees about the great service they gave under less than ideal circumstances.

Archived