What If You Won Euromillions??

I was daydreaming this morning thinking how I would react if I hit the jackpot on Euromillions,would I act sensible or would I go absolutely silly like a lot of past winners have?.It was on the news a few weeks back about that couple with the mega win splitting up because the wife was spending out of control and wouldn,t listen to reason!.There was that couple in Silverwood Rotherham a while back living on benefits so poor the woman had to borrow a dress to pick up the winning cheque,the next door neighbour let them watch his TV because they couldn,t afford one!.Last time I heard they were penniless again spending like it would never end which it did!.Not forgetting super-yob who blew what was it 8million,now back on the dustbin lorry,I would like to think if it were me first of all no publicity(begging letters),then I would pay off all the families mortgages and debts!.Buy them all a nice car and a very very nice one for yours truly,spend winter in Tenerife summer back in Blighty,no new house we are happy as we are,treat my friends that are still around regularly to a knees up and nosh and that's about it,have I missed owt art mi owd luvs?.:love::confused::huh::hihi:

have I missed owt art mi owd luvs?.:love::confused::huh::hihi:
Yes.

Don't let any of your family and friends whom you're going to help, know that it's you who helped.

Grab an off-the-shelf company, preferably foreign/obscure so they can't find out about its appointments, and make the payments/purchases via that.

A few hundreds of thou', up to a million or two, and it would be a joyful occasion.

More, and it would be a burden. You'd never be further than a slip of the tongue away from not only begging letters (as you say) and the more 'inoffensive' end of demands for money, but also threats of extortion or kidnapping (immediate/extended family), conning by professionals <etc.>

Also, nowt more queer than family, when big money is involved. How many times would you bail your relative(s), after they p*** it all up the wall for the n-th time and come begging for "just a little bit more to tie them over", before you turn and say no (if you turn and say no)?

I don't play Lottery/Euromillions, so am not familiar with their rules <etc.>: can you request and obtain full anonymity in case of a win, or is there some contractual condition on the ticket's small print that you have to submit to PR duties and have your face plastered in the media?

If I played and won 'big', noone but myself and the organisers would ever know. Not even the Mrs, or parents, or anyone else. They'd all be extremely well looked after, and many others too...but it would all come from some mysteriously anonymous benefactor company, which none of us would have ever known or heard of before ;)

Some family members might be appointed non-exec directors and paid a regular small-ish salary for life, rather than be given a large lump sum out of the sky (as this has a nasty tendency to split marriages and families).

After the day I've had today, I go into work gloat in front of my manager and deputy manager, tell them what a pair of ****s they are, and that they can shove their stinking job where the sun don't shine.

Then I'd divvy the money up, ensuring that the people that I care about are looked after and that various charities I support have some more money.

Then I think I'd head off to Teneriffe and sweriously think about living there

What a wonderful thought!

I was daydreaming this morning thinking how I would react if I hit the jackpot on Euromillions,would I act sensible or would I go absolutely silly like a lot of past winners have?.It was on the news a few weeks back about that couple with the mega win splitting up because the wife was spending out of control and wouldn,t listen to reason!.There was that couple in Silverwood Rotherham a while back living on benefits so poor the woman had to borrow a dress to pick up the winning cheque,the next door neighbour let them watch his TV because they couldn,t afford one!.Last time I heard they were penniless again spending like it would never end which it did!.Not forgetting super-yob who blew what was it 8million,now back on the dustbin lorry,I would like to think if it were me first of all no publicity(begging letters),then I would pay off all the families mortgages and debts!.Buy them all a nice car and a very very nice one for yours truly,spend winter in Tenerife summer back in Blighty,no new house we are happy as we are,treat my friends that are still around regularly to a knees up and nosh and that's about it,have I missed owt art mi owd luvs?.:love::confused::huh::hihi:

You would remember your old pal Alien 52 though.......wouldn't you ?

Archived