The answer for tricky wheelchair access?

This is just the kind of money wasting exercise our councils do on a daily basis, the person that came up with it as a solution to the families problem is an idiot.

The thing is, the council are required to help the family. We don't know if they had offered to re-home them and they refused. We do not know if there is some regulation on the gradient a wheel chair can traverse. We don't know if the residents of the home had approved it but are now seeing it in the cold light of day.

It is yes.

I thought I remembered the story - where primary school children entered a competition to paint posters about protecting the environment & then the winning pictures were put on the side of the wagons.

Sounds like a bit of harmless fun to me.

The thing is, the council are required to help the family. We don't know if they had offered to re-home them and they refused. We do not know if there is some regulation on the gradient a wheel chair can traverse. We don't know if the residents of the home had approved it but are now seeing it in the cold light of day.

They may be required to help the family, but that doesn't mean that this is the best solution. I would imagine that they could have had a built on porch type thing with an electric lift fitted for less money than the vast line of railings that they have spent more on than I spent on my entire house.

I thought I remembered the story - where primary school children entered a competition to paint posters about protecting the environment & then the winning posters were put on the side of the wagons.

Nah, political correctness gone maaaad!!!!!

Something like these would have been more appropriate.

Our range of domestic wheelchair lifts have been designed to help people live independently in their own homes. Our domestic wheelchairs lifts come with the latest safety features as standard and our product range includes external step lifts for easy access in and out of the home, through floor lifts to enable travel between floors and wheelchair stairlifts.

Or this.

The cost of an outdoor stair lift is around £2,500 for a basic model, and such a lift is ideal for negotiating difficult flights of steps or for accessing the garden when there are various obstacles in the way. In most cases, installation will take less than a day, and there will be a full warranty provided. Outdoor stair lifts can be slightly more expensive than indoor stair lifts, because of their extra strength and weatherproofing. Like indoor stair lifts, they come in straight and curved models; they also feature padlocks to keep them secure.

I thought I remembered the story - where primary school children entered a competition to paint posters about protecting the environment & then the winning pictures were put on the side of the wagons.

That's a different story, the bin lorries were just given names like Tom, Bob, Trever and the names were painted onto the lorries.

Rotherham council also paid money to have Christmas in July complete with artificial snow.

That's a different story, the bin lorries were just given names like Tom, Bob, Trever and the names were painted onto the lorries.

Rotherham council also paid money to have Christmas in July complete with artificial snow.

In the story I quoted the bin lorries were given names, presumably after the kids who entered the competition

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/news/article/449/new_names_for_bin_wagons

Archived