Fed up of non believers

...So explain, please do, how am I an atheist? :)

Neither believes NOR disbelieves'

If you do not disbelieve in the existence of god, I'd take that to mean you believe in the existence of god(theist.)

If you do not believe in the existence of god, I'd take that to mean you do not believe in the existence of god(atheist.)

So are you both atheist and theist or are you confused?

How many times has this done full circle?

And they still haven't managed to work out what's going on. :D

---------- Post added 15-03-2014 at 16:55 ----------

Neither believes NOR disbelieves'

If you do not disbelieve in the existence of god, I'd take that to mean you believe in the existence of god(theist.)

If you do not believe in the existence of god, I'd take that to mean you do not believe in the existence of god(atheist.)

So are you both atheist and theist or are you confused?

No, you're the one who is confused. The entire reason for the invention of the word by Huxley was to describe the view of those who were neither theist nor atheist.

I'm an agnostic.

Do you understand that? It's not that difficult surely?

No, you're the one who is confused. The entire reason for the invention of the word by Huxley was to describe the view of those who were neither theist nor atheist.

I'm an agnostic.

Do you understand that? It's not that difficult surely?

Yes, we've established you are agnostic - that's understood. Now can you address what I've posted and explain where I'm going wrong.

Please remember I'm working from your statement: That you neither disbelieve or believe.

I take that to mean that you believe and you don't believe. Can you see how your statement can be confusing?

So to settle any confusion, explain how what I've wrote above differs from your original statement.

Edited by Ryedo40

Just to clarify, for the terminally thick, my view agrees without reservation with the description agnostic.

As the word 'agnostic', without any qualification, means without knowledge I tend to agree with you. :hihi: It, in itself, says nothing to your position regards belief in god(s). For that, you need to be either an agnostic theist or an agnostic atheist.

No. Evolution is an observed fact. Just like gravity. There is also 'the theory of evolution' and 'the theory of gravity'. They are our best explanations of how evolution and gravity work. (Scientific theories.) If you do not believe that gravity is a fact, try stepping off a tall building. (...not recommended!)

Are you referring to abiogenesis, and not evolution, here?

Abiogenesis appears to be a form of creation and evolution followed on from it.

It appears though that abiogenesis is only speculation by some people.

Yes, we've established you are agnostic - that's understood. Now can you address what I've posted and explain where I'm going wrong.

Please remember I'm working from your statement: That you neither disbelieve or believe.

I take that to mean that you believe and you don't believe. Can you see how your statement can be confusing?

So to settle any confusion, explain how what I've wrote above differs from your original statement.

Maybe if I explain it like this it might become clear.

I am not a supporter of Manchester United

I am not a supporter of Liverpool

I am a supporter of Sheffield United.

You and others keep telling me that in fact I must support either Liverpool or Manchester United because you are apparently incapable of understanding that I support the Blades ( understandable I suppose :) ) and don't care either way about the other two teams, does that help?

Maybe if I explain it like this it might become clear.

I am not a supporter of Manchester United

I am not a supporter of Liverpool

I am a supporter of Sheffield United.

You and others keep telling me that in fact I must support either Liverpool or Manchester United because you are apparently incapable of understanding that I support the Blades ( understandable I suppose :) ) and don't care either way about the other two teams, does that help?

Yes, that helped. Although I'm sure you believe all three teams exists. I suppose if you had no knowledge or awareness of one of those teams existing, you'd have an absence of belief. Same thing with god: if you have no knowledge or awareness of god's existence, you'd have an absence of belief; you'd be an agnostic atheist.

I like to keep an open mind. I've never seen a ghost and hopefully never will. I think there is life on other planets, and I do believe that when we die, that isn't just it. There is a purpose to our existence.