Fed up of non believers

People claim ghosts exist. It is for them to provide the evidence. Just the same as if I want you to believe in my little man at the bottom of the garden, it's up to me to prove it if you don't believe me. The burden of proof is on the one making the claim for something intangible.

I fully accept that there are things and possibilities in the world and universe which we don't understand, and may never understand. But why do people, with not a shred of credible evidence, attribute some phenomenon to ghosts or gods?

Why not something else, for which there is an equally weighty body of evidence for? ie non at all?

Have you got a little man at the bottom of your garden . maybe its a person from the under world

My friend just had a new baby, and she thought that her baby boy was smiling into space, and staring at the ghost of her father. The baby is looked after. Which I thought was lovely. She is still connected very strongly to the spirit of her father too. I also remember feeling this once when I visited the grave of my father, and it felt so peaceful. Some things cannot be explained and nor should it be.

...yet some people choose to attach explanations to such experiences.

Calling it a "spiritual connection" is an example of this.

Edited by RootsBooster

Yeah but, magic??

And that's at least the 3rd time you've edited this post!:hihi:

What's more laughable, rather than people who believe that professional magicians (illusionists) use supernatural magic, is those people who go "What a load of rubbish, you can see the strings, that's FAKE!!" as though they WERE expecting real magic :help:.

Post on this thread if you are fed up of non belivers and closed minds about ghosts

because i am and i am sure there is a lot more who feel the same

PLEASE DO NOT POST IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE PEOPLE IM TALKING ABOUT

I WILL IF I WANT:roll:

Why is it that when threads like this are started people always go off on one. Maybe its because some people know how to push peoples buttons. I love a good debate , but I get wound up when people just insult for the sake of it. We are all entitled to our opinions & I believe in ghosts , but why do people get so nasty some times.

Why is it that when threads like this are started people always go off on one. Maybe its because some people know how to push peoples buttons. I love a good debate , but I get wound up when people just insult for the sake of it. We are all entitled to our opinions & I believe in ghosts , but why do people get so nasty some times.

Could be because the OP isn't trying to have a discussion, they explicitly stated that in the opening thread by shouting and excluding the people that it's actually aimed at.

I don't believe in ghosts, gods, whatever but I have no issue if you do. What I have a problem with is people like the OP that are not open-minded enough for a discussion and dismiss you if you disagree with them or preach constantly that they're right and you are wrong.

Could be because the OP isn't trying to have a discussion, they explicitly stated that in the opening thread by shouting and excluding the people that it's actually aimed at.

I don't believe in ghosts, gods, whatever but I have no issue if you do. What I have a problem with is people like the OP that are not open-minded enough for a discussion and dismiss you if you disagree with them or preach constantly that they're right and you are wrong.

A thread like this is absolutely fresh air to be honest. It talks about humans in general and what you learnt when you were younger and how you view things and what you came across before and so forth.

---------- Post added 22-02-2014 at 16:01 ----------

if you believe in the existence of ghosts and the supernatural, even if its the possibility that such phenomena exist. stick to it. don't let others change what you believe in or laugh and mock you into submission. it is people of this ilk that stunt progress ,have no vision and hold people and possibilities back, history tells us that. time and again.

By you reacting to them, you do disturb their spirituality, and therefore dampen their own energies and motivation too.

Why do children "see" images or "ghosts" when young ? It is because they have yet to develop their brains and has not "learnt" about the world yet, and in those moments, what they see are true, and that cannot be a lie. This is why there are so many people here who cannot or seem to not be able to even think back to their own past, or to remember. Cos they must have done something to their own brain, whether this is accumulating a high percentages of information such that they can no longer think back or whatever.

The human brain is actually quite amazing. Ghosts or images, or people or experiences are all embedded in our own minds, and through into our own existence.

Edited by salsafan

That which can be asserted without proof can be rejected without proof.

Science is not the be all and end all research, useful though it is. There are many things which cannot be measured or made to fit patterns. And a whole branch of science cannot be verified - theoretical physics.

It's best to keep an open mind, don't you think?