Friends Coming Round Unannounced & Uninvited!

I miss it, I grew up in a household that was always buzzing with friends, family, neighbours etc. coming round to visit. Equally I would always feel welcome at all my friends', neighbours etc. It might be because it was a tight-knit fishingtown community, but it certainly made me feel part of something.

These days it is rare that we get uninvited visitors, not sure whether it is a British thing or not, but like I said, I miss it.

All well and good, but what about when you get to 70 / 80 you would be glad of people popping round, and if you have cold shouldered everyone who doesn't phone first, it would get pretty lonely.

The folks who believe it's ok to turn up uninvited and unannounced are not givers, they're takers..so frankly I wouldn't want to be entertaining them any more when Im 80 than I would now.

---------- Post added 15-02-2014 at 11:34 ----------

Maybe we're getting a lot more insular. I agree with BF, I hate people 'popping in'. I have to spend 2 days cleaning the house before the bloke comes round to read my gas meter.

...and 2 days cleaning up after the uninvited have gone :hihi:

Archived