Jobsworths

gizmo

jobsworths-Should they enforce the company policy  

26 members have voted

1. 1. jobsworths-Should they enforce the company policy

• Yes they have a job to do ?
    • They should try to be a bit flexible now and again ?
    • How do they sleep at night ?

This is the very place to find out what the rules and laws concerning our day to day attempts to live a peaceful life.

I love this site for the valuable or informative links that others share and before long you're up on quite a few things.

As for jobsworths - apart from Liberata I can live with most of the 'problems' life throws at me. One of my brothers though is having a tough time of things. He's recently forked out £80 for a medical in his attempts to return to long-distance lorry driving and is getting messed about something chronic. Strict eye tests - fair enough as that's a safety issue but when driving documents aren't returned and seem to go missing then you wonder if Liberata are in on that too!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't SF get the traffic wardens interviewed on here or someone to explain our rights as workers etc. Now wouldn't that be an opportunity?????????

Originally posted by fnkysknky

It might have been in your contract but they still can't do it. If you look carefully you'll realise most of the stuff they put in there has no legal basis.

If you sign it then it has legal basis.

Originally posted by Tony

No it doesn't Sidla. Regardless of what a contract contains, it is still subject to the Law.

Exactly, I had signed a contract that said I needed to give 6 weeks notice if I intended to leave. I had been there less than a year so explained that the contract was irrelevant. In the end they were very happy I offered to work a weeks notice instead of walking out there and then :)

Jobsworths?! Jobsworths you say?! Look no further than the muppets who work in the job centre in Hillsborough Barracks.... They're so stoopid they're lucky to have got their own jobs let alone have the ability to find work for other people.

Originally posted by Rich

Jobsworths?! Jobsworths you say?! Look no further than the muppets who work in the job centre in Hillsborough Barracks.... They're so stoopid they're lucky to have got their own jobs let alone have the ability to find work for other people.

Aren't these the people who don't bat an eyelid at sending some poor sap off to a toilet cleaning job at £4 an hour then have the nerve to threaten industrial action to better their own cosy jobs.

My dream. Everyone gets a job, no more job centres. Job centre staff have to come to us for employment.

Now wouldn't that be fun.

"Here's yer brush mate, start on Division Street and work your way down. What's up? Its a job innit".

Archived