Would you expect sanctuary here at home?

oooo

Does anybody really know the ramifications of pulling out of the EU?

There are a great deal of voters who want a referendum, but the majority want it on immigration grounds. That is what gets most peoples backs up, although you wouldnt believe it reading this forum.

The problem is, many people are afraid to speak out, for fear of being branded with the customary racist tag, which I suppose goes with the territory, but due to the tremendous strain the UK is under, something must be done.

two thirds of voters want out of the EU. Why do you think that is?

I don't think it has anything to do with being able to criticise the state if they believe it has done wrong. Which is what you appear to want to prevent.

I don't think it has anything to do with being able to criticise the state if they believe it has done wrong. Which is what you appear to want to prevent.

No, it hasnt. Its about immigration, so there must be a hell of a lot more racists out there that you believe. My god, two thirds of the population are racist! Lets hope they dont all get an account on SF, or you and the other pro-euros will be stuffed!:hihi::hihi:

There are a great deal of voters who want a referendum, but the majority want it on immigration grounds. That is what gets most peoples backs up, although you wouldnt believe it reading this forum.

The problem is, many people are afraid to speak out, for fear of being branded with the customary racist tag, which I suppose goes with the territory, but due to the tremendous strain the UK is under, something must be done.

maybe that should be a sign that there isn't actually great deal of anything.

I'd love to see a real believable poll of the populace, not a newspaper poll, not a statistically extrapolated poll, but a real poll. but thats not going to happen.

people don't give a toss about immigration unless their unhappy about something else (or racist).

Unfortunately ukip are trying to use immigration as a root cause, it's not. you should be looking at what the cause really is, not what your told it is.

No, it hasnt. Its about immigration, so there must be a hell of a lot more racists out there that you believe. My god, two thirds of the population are racist! Lets hope they dont all get an account on SF, or you and the other pro-euros will be stuffed!:hihi::hihi:

What are you on about?

I asked you if the situation in North Korea where you can't criticise the leadership is what you want here, since you're complaining about people laughing at the Royals helping out, or the inconvenience some people are suffering down south because of the phenomenon called "winter", describing them as "anti-british".

Do you think a true Brit should be allowed to act as now, where if they disagree with things they can say so, or more like a North Korean, where they can't say anything through fear of being told they're acting against the nation's will?

---------- Post added 16-02-2014 at 23:11 ----------

people don't give a toss about immigration unless their unhappy about something else (or racist).

Unfortunately ukip are trying to use immigration as a root cause, it's not. you should be looking at what the cause really is, not what your told it is.

From the link above

Around 2.3m people from EU countries were living in Britain in 2011, up from 1.1m in 2004; around 1.7m Britons have gone the other way.

If those figures are accurate, it hardly sounds like the country is suffering from an inundation of foreigners.

So what's the problem,two thirds of the country are going to vote UKIP in the next election,they will become the government and end the UK membership of the EU.........it's sorted,not long to wait now,so why all the whinging and anti Britishness?

What are you on about?

I asked you if the situation in North Korea where you can't criticise the leadership is what you want here, since you're complaining about people laughing at the Royals helping out, or the inconvenience some people are suffering down south because of the phenomenon called "winter", describing them as "anti-british".

Do you think a true Brit should be allowed to act as now, where if they disagree with things they can say so, or more like a North Korean, where they can't say anything through fear of being told they're acting against the nation's will?

---------- Post added 16-02-2014 at 23:11 ----------

From the link above

If those figures are accurate, it hardly sounds like the country is suffering from an inundation of foreigners.

Not at all. We wouldnt endure the same censorship here as in Korea, and you and I are free to criticize, but that dont make it right. The difference is we have much more free speech than these countries, which says that we are a pretty decent place to live. Its that decency which is the magnet for immigrants to come, and that comes at a cost, especially in the employment stakes, not to mention the strain on the NHS. wasnt there something about the Romas having a large scale vaccination against Hep B the other day? Who is paying for that?

---------- Post added 16-02-2014 at 23:23 ----------

So what's the problem,two thirds of the country are going to vote UKIP in the next election,they will become the government and end the UK membership of the EU.........it's sorted,not long to wait now,so why all the whinging and anti Britishness?

two thirds want a referendum chal. Not for UKIP supremacy.

Not at all. We wouldnt endure the same censorship here as in Korea, and you and I are free to criticize, but that dont make it right. The difference is we have much more free speech than these countries, which says that we are a pretty decent place to live. Its that decency which is the magnet for immigrants to come

So free speech is a bad thing?

and that comes at a cost, especially in the employment stakes, not to mention the strain on the NHS.

And this is where the anti-immigration argument starts falling apart. If immigrants are here, working, they're paying into our pot. They're paying for the NHS.

If they're not here working, and claiming benefits and abusing the NHS, they're not costing us employment opportunities.

Of course, the truth, as normal, lies somewhere in the middle, but your (and UKIP's) rhetoric appears to want the worst of both options, which can't be possible.

wasnt there something about the Romas having a large scale vaccination against Hep B the other day? Who is paying for that?

How much would it cost us to repair the damage after a large outbreak of Hep B? Or are you advocating the withdrawal of all medical services to non-Brits?

Archived