Getting jobs at 16 ??

I'm 16 approaching 17 and I am about to start a college course which is only part time. I have tried calling into various and sandwich shops aswell as KFC and the like with no luck at all . I have 11 GCSE's and my course due to start is beauty based . I have worked in a fastfood van regularly through school . Any advise would be brilliant !

Thanks for your reply , i put this post up for the mrs I'm older than her and it seemed so much easier to walk into work when i left school 10 yrs ago . Young people are now expected to go to school till 18 and no one wants to employ under 18's .

---------- Post added 16-02-2014 at 20:26 ----------

What happened to glass collecting or waitresses in caffs ? You don't even see young kids doing paper rounds anymore. Even young people who go through full education they can't get jobs because everyone is pushed down the same route. So, all you end up with is lots of people with little to stand out from the competition as they have all ended up with the same qualifications it used to be a huge thing a uni degree but now its overcrowded and lands you in debt for years ?!

Spirito69

Ever thought of joining the UK miltary?

R.A.F, Royal Navy or Army?

It can open up a lot of doors for you now and for the future and the time is just right to join up as recruitment is top of the agenda again.

Not for everyone I agree, but the forces give you a focussed lifestyle and regular pay and pension!

Alternatively get yourself into University and get a degree that is useful and will gain you a career.

As you already you have a good foundation having 11 G.C.S.E's!

All the best!

Thanks for your reply , i put this post up for the mrs I'm older than her and it seemed so much easier to walk into work when i left school 10 yrs ago .

So you're at least 26 and you're with a 16 year old. Isn't that an age gap the wrong way?

Just seems a bit wierd to me :gag:

Archived