EU stabs Scotland in the back

Except that the SNP are very pro-EU as are Scots in general. This is underlined by the fact that UKIP has no elected representatives in Scotland. The SNP are liberal nationalists. UKIP are right-wing nationalists.

Your OP implied that Barrosso alone was trying to stop an independent Scotland from joining the EU. Only the Parliament and individual states have these powers. You could have found this out if you'd been interested in learning some facts about the EU rather than just ranting against it.

Actually the OP says "Jose Manuel Barroso has said it will be nearly impossible for Scotland to join the EU". I also posted a link which explains it for you. You might want to try reading next time before getting your facts wrong.

Genuine question..which other non EU country's citizens do we allow free entry to..?

From France, Italy, Germany and Austria you can travel pretty freely into Switzerland, and back. You can just walk into Monaco, San Marino, Andorra and Liechtenstein. You can get a ferry from Dublin to the Isle of Man. We have friends in Norway - they can travel freely into Sweden and often do because the shopping is cheaper.

Plenty of examples. You could have looked it up yourself.

From France, Italy, Germany and Austria you can travel pretty freely into Switzerland, and back. You can just walk into Monaco, San Marino, Andorra and Liechtenstein. You can get a ferry from Dublin to the Isle of Man. We have friends in Norway - they can travel freely into Sweden and often do because the shopping is cheaper.

Plenty of examples. You could have looked it up yourself.

My original question was would they be able to work here without a visa..you could have read it if you wanted to :)

---------- Post added 17-02-2014 at 19:32 ----------

Channel Islands, Isle of Man, and all the countries we have a visa waiver scheme in place for.

Sorry I meant free entry to work..That was in my first question about it..

The problem for him is with independence movements, that is what he is talking about which is why he throws Spain into the conversation. He sees the SNP mirrored in UKIP and other European parties that want out of the EU.

Independence must be suppressed.

Barrosso is merely fighting for the EU and is doing so on behalf of nation states with their support. He's just doing his job.

Your Nigel thinks independence should be suppressed too, at least in Scotland. The Scottish UKIP website doesn't even mention the issue even though our Nige complains he has been made independent of the debate.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/farage-independence-dead-in-the-water.20285722

http://www.scotsman.com/news/nigel-farage-ukip-cut-out-of-independence-debate-1-2958089

People from the Isle of Man, not an EU member, are permitted to live and work in the UK freely - they are not permitted to do so in the rest of the EU.

However, people from the UK are not permitted to work on the Isle of Man without permission from the authorities.

Actually the OP says "Jose Manuel Barroso has said it will be nearly impossible for Scotland to join the EU".

Yes that's what he said. What he meant though was that the nearly impossible bit would be due to member states, especially Spain, rather than himself. You didn't mention Spain in your OP. You only mentioned Barrosso so that you could criticise him as an EU representative, rather than Spain as a nation state.

My original question was would they be able to work here without a visa..you could have read it if you wanted to :)

---------- Post added 17-02-2014 at 19:32 ----------

No you said free entry. That is what I replied to.

The problem for him is with independence movements, that is what he is talking about which is why he throws Spain into the conversation. He sees the SNP mirrored in UKIP and other European parties that want out of the EU.

Independence must be suppressed.

Errr no he was just reflecting the fact that certain member states will not like the precedent it sets. These member states can vote how they like and they will vote in their own interests. Its a procedure you just have to go through. You really are getting your knickers in a twist over nothing.

Archived