Where to live in South Yorkshire

Hi there!

I work in Rotherham city centre and I am thinking where it would be good to live. What areas are nice and quiet, but houses are not overpriced? I know that Whiston and Wickersley are rated as quite good areas, do you know some more? What about Thurcroft, etc? It doesn't have to be (in) Rotherham, but I wouldn't like to travel to work for more than 30 minutes and waste too much money for petrol.

Btw, after spending more than 2 years in York, everything what I can see now looks like a ghetto to me. :hihi:

Philip The Musician :)

Hi,

I live in Swinton and can recommend it. There is a train station with direct links to Rotherham, Sheffield, Doncaster and Leeds. Plenty of pubs, a little town centre, library etc... If you work in Rotherham town centre, I'd leave the car at home and get the train.

All areas have good and bad bits.

I think it's possible to buy a 3 bedroom house under 90k or 2 bedroom apartment under 60k in almost every Rotherham area, when you are able to wait for a long time till you find the right one (good price/good conditions). :)

But the most important is a nice good area where you are not robbed twice a week.

I think it's possible to buy a 3 bedroom house under 90k or 2 bedroom apartment under 60k in almost every Rotherham area, when you are able to wait for a long time till you find the right one (good price/good conditions). :)

But the most important is a nice good area where you are not robbed twice a week.

Certainly not true.

Parts of Maltby are nice (stay on the left hand side of the A631 and don't buy beyond the Crossroads though)

Hellaby is nice

Ravenfield is nice

Bramley is nice, but avoid the Sunnyside area

Wickersley is nice

Brecks is nice

Whiston is nice

Stag is nice

Herringthorpe is ok ish

Brinsworth is nice

Dalton is rough

Thrybergh is rough ish

Rawmarsh is ok in parts

Wath is ok in parts

Mexborough is ok in parts

Thurcroft is a bit rough

Anston and Woodsetts is nice

Dinnington is ok

Swinton is nice

Certainly not true.

Parts of Maltby are nice (stay on the left hand side of the A631 and don't buy beyond the Crossroads though)

Hellaby is nice

Ravenfield is nice

Bramley is nice, but avoid the Sunnyside area

Wickersley is nice

Brecks is nice

Whiston is nice

Stag is nice

Herringthorpe is ok ish

Brinsworth is nice

Dalton is rough

Thrybergh is rough ish

Rawmarsh is ok in parts

Wath is ok in parts

Mexborough is ok in parts

Thurcroft is a bit rough

Anston and Woodsetts is nice

Dinnington is ok

Swinton is nice

Where would you say the posher parts of Rotherham are?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...