Denmark bans religious slaughter

WeX

Contrast that to commercial slaughter houses where livestock's herded in, the skull crushed with a captive bolt and dispatched with no ceremony.

Have you ever seen the skull of a beast that has been pre-stunned prior to slaughter?

---------- Post added 17-02-2014 at 21:10 ----------

The hypocrites, what about how they treated that poor giraffe?

If it was a Muslim run Zoo that had done it there would have been a right uproar.

I will ask my butcher to see if he can get some non stunned halal meat on my next meat shop in protest at this stupid ruling.

The Giraffe was stunned with a bolt.

Great news. None pre-stunned religious slaughter is banned in Denmark. Hopefully the rest of Europe should follow suit.

The UK should do the same here. None stunned Halal and Kosher causes unnecessary suffering to animals

http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2014/02/denmark-bans-religious-slaughter

I've seen young pigs slaughtered by having their throats cut, not a pretty site or sound, the animals suffer immensely

I guess animal welfare campaigners targeting the people who make the decisions is less visible than racists ranting on internet forums.
Possibly so, but I doubt that is what they do.

You haven't seen it is not the same as it didn't happen.
I said nobody made a fuss. By its nature, making a fuss bout a political issue involves public awareness.

Do you really think all animal welfare campaigners (including the RSPCA) are anti-Islamic/Jewish or was perhaps your use of 'Nobody' a generalisation too far
You seem to have made your mind up on that already.

Archived