Denmark bans religious slaughter

WeX

Another relevant issue is what's suddenly motivated this interest in banning religiously slaughtered meat.

I wonder what excuse they'll use to beat Muslims with in the future.

Read this

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/politics/2012/05/halal-hysteria

Good link BF.

I highlighted a part from there (which most of the usual anti Muslim brigade on here won't even read that far down):

Well, consider the verdict of Joe Regenstein, professor of food science at Cornell University in the United States, who leads the university’s Kosher and Halal Food Initiative.

“Many of those attacking religious slaughter have no clue as to what is happening,” he tells me. “It is more of an Islamophobic issue, not an animal well-being issue.” Compared to modern, secular methods of slaughter, he says, “the traditional or Prophetic method might actually be equal or possibly superior” because the initial pain of the throat cut results “in the animal releasing large quantities of endorphins, putting it in a state of euphoria and numbness”. The cut thus serves as its own stun. The scientific evidence against halal slaughter, Regenstein says, “is extremely weak and has often been done poorly with an agenda driving a desired outcome”.

more anti Islamic intolerance, nothing to do with animal suffering :roll:

its nothing to do with anti muslim, anti jew.. its to do with not being cruel mate.. can you not see that ?? or are you too enthralled in everything anti muslim ?? so you think its ok to slit an animals throat ??

its nothing to do with anti muslim, anti jew.. its to do with not being cruel mate.. can you not see that ?? or are you too enthralled in everything anti muslim ?? so you think its ok to slit an animals throat ??

All animals have their throat slit, the difference is some are electrocuted or have a bolt fired into their brain beforehand, whilst others forego this procedure.

All animals have their throat slit, the difference is some are electrocuted or have a bolt fired into their brain beforehand, whilst others forego this procedure.

Im aware the throat is cut, however not while the animal is alive mate.. its a medieval way of slaughter end of.. and that goes for kosher aswell...

Im aware the throat is cut, however not while the animal is alive mate.. its a medieval way of slaughter end of.. and that goes for kosher aswell...

It is cut whilst the animal is still alive, that's the whole point so the carcass is drained of blood under pressure-it's very important for meat quality.

How mediaeval do you regard firing a bolt into the skull of a prone animal?

Let's face it, animal slaughter is cruel, but you like your meat don't you? If we lived in a community of animal rights activists you and I wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Needless to say you haven't read the link I posted earlier?

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...halal-hysteria

yes I like my meat mate, but I wouldnt if some caveman had slit its throat whilst its alive... are you saying a bolt ( which is instant ) is a worse death ?? no, I havent read your post attachment, i dont need some idiot trying to explain cutting an animals throat whilst its alive is ok, I take it thats what its saying... important for meat quality ?? what a load of ****e..

yes I like my meat mate, but I wouldnt if some caveman had slit its throat whilst its alive... are you saying a bolt ( which is instant ) is a worse death ?? no, I havent read your post attachment, i dont need some idiot trying to explain cutting an animals throat whilst its alive is ok, I take it thats what its saying... important for meat quality ?? what a load of ****e..

Not really- the remaining blood acts as a medium for microorganisms, in addition to meat remaining fresher for a longer period of time.

I know the owner of a well known grocer in Dewsbury (Mullaco) and they have a lot of non Muslim customers (white people who live locally), who willingly buy the halal meat.

Last week I asked him if they ever questioned the halal process etc- he replied that they actually prefer it! The reason was, the meat was cleaner and they found it fresher to eat.

You should try it..

Not really- the remaining blood acts as a medium for microorganisms, in addition to meat remaining fresher for a longer period of time.

I know the owner of a well known grocer in Dewsbury (Mullaco) and they have a lot of non Muslim customers (white people who live locally), who willingly buy the halal meat.

Last week I asked him if they ever questioned the halal process etc- he replied that they actually prefer it! The reason was, the meat was cleaner and they found it fresher to eat.

You should try it..

course mate...:help:

Archived