When Should You Lose Your Human Rights?

People want to be very careful regarding what they wish for.Any government left or right that states they intend to mess with or reduce peoples rights need to have their intentions and reasons examined very closely.I can understand security situations where the rights of individuals could be and should be compromised for the good and safety of the public.Unfortunately we are talking about politicians who may shall we say over step the line and use their new powers to snoop and collect information to further their own means politically and their parties aspirations.Would these new found powers say be used on suspected terrorist groups which most people would welcome or on people and organizations who just simply have a different political view point to which ever party holds power.Also at risk are measures that are in place to actually protect British work forces from not just harm but safety issues that safe guard us all from being exploited by the powerful in high places who have access to media and other openings where they can try to persuade us that these new measures are for ALL for our good not just theirs.A lot of these safe guards would be swept aside and the loosers would be us plebes.Once again be very careful what you wish for and try to remember what the 2nd world war was about.One man's greed and depriving of peoples rights.He was a politcian who managed to persuade a whole nation that he was right.It cost millions of lives to secure our freedom and our rights,What a price.Dont give them up cheaply.They are worth fighting for.Ask those who did not come home after the war.

Is locking someone away in prison for the rest of their life really taking away their human rights? I know that prisons aren't the most pleasant of places to be, but you're fed and looked after to the best of the prison services' ability.

I find it really difficult to accept some peoples belief that everyone deserves a 2nd chance. While it would be nice to think that everyone that was sent to prison could be rehabilitated and come out as decent people, for many this is never going to happen. If anything, many of the people we lock away for however many years are going to come out even worse than when they want it.

It really puzzles me how anyone can say they don't agree with life sentences. I think people who commit the most atrocious of crimes such as those who abuse children should be locked away and never see the light of day again. I honestly can't see how anyone can argue with that, whether you're a parent yourself or not.

Is locking someone away in prison for the rest of their life really taking away their human rights? I know that prisons aren't the most pleasant of places to be, but you're fed and looked after to the best of the prison services' ability.

I find it really difficult to accept some peoples belief that everyone deserves a 2nd chance. While it would be nice to think that everyone that was sent to prison could be rehabilitated and come out as decent people, for many this is never going to happen. If anything, many of the people we lock away for however many years are going to come out even worse than when they want it.

It really puzzles me how anyone can say they don't agree with life sentences. I think people who commit the most atrocious of crimes such as those who abuse children should be locked away and never see the light of day again. I honestly can't see how anyone can argue with that, whether you're a parent yourself or not.

A prisoner can still retain many of the basic human rights a non-prisoner can, with some very obvious exceptions that go with the territory. It's about allowing what is possible out of a rough situation.

Think we can all agree that for some prisoners a life sentence should really mean a life sentence. No problem with that. Some prisoners are simply too dangerous to be released. For the rest there has to be some hope of rehabilitation and it should least be attempted.

Well I have managed to get through life without needing to rely on the human rights bill.Most people who do need it is usually because they were doing something they shouldn't have been doing.The easiest way is to stick to the law.I am also quite clear that anybody who takes a life with clear intent to kill and not by accident or self defence should lose their human rights and be locked up forever.

Well I have managed to get through life without needing to rely on the human rights bill.Most people who do need it is usually because they were doing something they shouldn't have been doing.The easiest way is to stick to the law.I am also quite clear that anybody who takes a life with clear intent to kill and not by accident or self defence should lose their human rights and be locked up forever.

And those who died in the war fighting people who treated others like animals did it for nowt did they?

Never forget how and why we got our rights. And don't let the Tories tell you that 64 million people have to have their rights diluted so an incompetent Home Secretary can deal more easily with a handful of foreign criminals.

Two people who should have lost their Human Rights, was Myra Hindley and Ian Brady. I am aware that Hindley died in prison, and so she should.

They tortured and killed children. What a shame the death penalty was abolished just before their trial.

Two people who should have lost their Human Rights, was Myra Hindley and Ian Brady. I am aware that Hindley died in prison, and so she should.

They tortured and killed children. What a shame the death penalty was abolished just before their trial.

They did lose many of the basic rights non-prisoners have. You're right though, a few years earlier they would have hung.