When Should You Lose Your Human Rights?

They did lose many of the basic rights non-prisoners have. You're right though, a few years earlier they would have hung.

I still think she had a lot of privileges. How may people could afford to smoke 40 cigarettes a day. She did have a heart condition so it did probably make her condition worse. Also I remember how the media got hold of the story that the Governor of the prison where Hindley was would take her out on shopping trips. After the story broke out her shopping trips were stopped.

I still think she had a lot of privileges. How may people could afford to smoke 40 cigarettes a day. She did have a heart condition so it did probably make her condition worse. Also I remember how the media got hold of the story that the Governor of the prison where Hindley was would take her out on shopping trips. After the story broke out her shopping trips were stopped.

Over a third of a billion people in China can afford to, and do smoke 40 cigarettes a day.

The rest of the Chinese could also do the same if they wanted

Some of the poorest people on the planet can afford to smoke tobacco that costs £2 a kilogram.

In the UK though, some of the richest people on the planet can't afford to smoke 20 a day, as in the UK the tax on a kilogram of tobacco is ~£200 per kilogram.

Well I have managed to get through life without needing to rely on the human rights bill. ...

pretty unlikely really.

It's more likely you have just taken your rights for granted and had a Government which generally has kept to them.

pretty unlikely really.

It's more likely you have just taken your rights for granted and had a Government which generally has kept to them.

Absolutely right. People don't realise what they have until they have their rights taken away, e.g. by being wrongly arrested or having their safety or family life compromised by others.

Over a third of a billion people in China can afford to, and do smoke 40 cigarettes a day.

The rest of the Chinese could also do the same if they wanted

Some of the poorest people on the planet can afford to smoke tobacco that costs £2 a kilogram.

In the UK though, some of the richest people on the planet can't afford to smoke 20 a day, as in the UK the tax on a kilogram of tobacco is ~£200 per kilogram.

The Chinese state is the largest producer of tobacco on the planet. They produce more than Philip Morris and imperial tobacco put together!