Herries School

I Went to Herries from 1976 - 1981

Does anyone remember the Air Dome with it's air lock quite funny when it went down, cutting edge really if the vandals would have let it be...............

hi did you now some1 called PETER BROWN?????? would be a really big help if you did thanks.

Mrs Grissom,

I was on that trip too ? The school bus took us to Lake Bala in Wales camping, and also every Thursday to Underbank reservoir at Stocksbribge, sailing. Guess who ?? :hihi:

HI Sawadee Im guessing you must be one of about five lads i can remember that went sailing that included , Martin Bilby, Andy Johnston and Paul Slinn, think also Raymond Carlton and Mick Munton . Any of these ring any bells?

• 6 months later...
I Went to Herries from 1976 - 1981

Does anyone remember the Air Dome with it's air lock quite funny when it went down, cutting edge really if the vandals would have let it be...............

i went there in 75/76 i remember that thing

Me my sister and brother went to herries! My sister was there from 83 to 88. i was there from 89 to 93 and my brother from 90 to 94!

The air dome was good! Shame that it had to go but times change! I've been past a few times and it's not got the same feel about it! Good old days :-)

[/b]

Ahh They dont make them like Miss Smith anymore. Someone told me she ws drummed out of the S.S for cruelty. I have recently been in touch with Mr Lockwood , the (then) young English teacher. He once took us on visit to the locations where they fimed "Kes" in the old ,ramshackled school bus (ex laundry van) We were allowed to wear casual clothes for the visit, meaning jeans and T shirts. So of course, all of us girls turned up in mini skirts and high heels. Miss Smith's head nearly exploded when she clocked what we were wearing. We were banned from the outing and Mr Lockwood got a right earful. We got our own back though, when we did get to go, some of the lads opened the bus door going up Cookswood Rd and dropped the tool kit out of the back, one by one ! Happy Days. I left in '72 by the way.

hi,im david sims i use to go to wales and go sailing i left in 71