World Cup workers dying in their hundreds

• 3 months later...
Just seen the news on payments for Quatar to get the world cup,now why isn't it a surprise.

Not a shock really.

There is absolutely no logical reason for holding the World Cup in Qatar, so it's only reasonable to assume those making the decision were given some form of incentive to vote in their favour.

It's time the European clubs showed a bit of backbone and boycotted this event. If they were to set up their own competition with an open invitation to others, I suspect many of the top teams in the World would join the European competition.

Regards

Doom

FIFA is riddled with corruption and is crippled, in terms of being able to reform, because of the arrogance of the leadership and because everyone behind them is of the same ilk. What the (major) national football associations need to do is to resign their membership of FIFA, set up a new body and start again. If the major footballing nations did this then the rest would follow and the nasty FIFA beast can be left to die the death it deserves.

Not a shock really.

There is absolutely no logical reason for holding the World Cup in Qatar, so it's only reasonable to assume those making the decision were given some form of incentive to vote in their favour.

It's time the European clubs showed a bit of backbone and boycotted this event. If they were to set up their own competition with an open invitation to others, I suspect many of the top teams in the World would join the European competition.

Regards

Doom

Hear hear. Top clubs should reserve the right to not release players for international games, it will quickly swing the balance of power back to where it belongs.

FIFA is riddled with corruption and is crippled, in terms of being able to reform, because of the arrogance of the leadership and because everyone behind them is of the same ilk. What the (major) national football associations need to do is to resign their membership of FIFA, set up a new body and start again. If the major footballing nations did this then the rest would follow and the nasty FIFA beast can be left to die the death it deserves.

Spot on mate!

I will not be watching, if it does in fact take place. I still think it will end up being somewhere else, probably in the USA.

The USA had it in 1994. I think England should have it again.

The USA had it in 1994. I think England should have it again.

The 2018 WC will be in Russia and so the 2022 one will be outside Europe. The 5 bidders for 2022 were Australia, Japan, Qatar, South Korea and the United States. Australia would be a good choice.

Archived