Unemployment down, inflation down..

We only need immigrants in times of low unemployment to do the low paid jobs that the British aren't prepared to do. In times of high unemployment we don't need immigrants at all.

Guess what, unemployment is falling despite the immigrants that have "flooded the shores of our island". That is because there is work, if you want to stop unemployment in this country than stop giving people permanent benefits but don't blame it on immigrants.

Guess what, unemployment is falling despite the immigrants that have "flooded the shores of our island". That is because there is work, if you want to stop unemployment in this country than stop giving people permanent benefits but don't blame it on immigrants.

Just think how much faster it would fall if not for the floods that are coming our way, its like pumping water out of the pool whilst the taps are still on full, turn the taps off and the pool empties faster.

Just think how much worse the economy would be if they hadn't come here. Imagine all those people at the food banks then.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just stupid but that's a nonsensical argument. Less immigrants would mean thousands more British people in employment, who would therefore earn enough money to buy their own food and wouldn't need food banks.

Just think how much worse the economy would be if they hadn't come here. Imagine all those people at the food banks then.

The economy isn't a good measure of how well off people are, a country full of rich people can have a smaller economy than a country full of poor people.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just stupid but that's a nonsensical argument. Less immigrants would mean thousands more British people in employment, who would therefore earn enough money to buy their own food and wouldn't need food banks.

It wouldn't mean that at all, less immigrants would mean a slower economy, an economy that appears unattractive to foreign businesses looking to settle somewhere, an economy that is going to overheat soon because there is no way to increase the working population effectively.

I can assure you now that business leaders are far more worried about how long vacancies stay unfilled than they are about the number of unemployed people in a country.

I don't think the ONS has updated this infographic for this year yet, but this was the situation for last year.

This is the state of the country in February.

Every economist will explain to you that an unfulfilled vacancy is lost money for the organisation with the vacancy.

So, next time you call me stupid, make sure you know what you are talking about.

---------- Post added 15-05-2014 at 11:22 ----------

The economy isn't a good measure of how well off people are, a country full of rich people can have a smaller economy than a country full of poor people.

Can, but it isn't a guarantee is it?

The economy might not be a good measure of how well of people are, but I assure you that with a bad economy people are going to feel even worse very soon.

It wouldn't mean that at all, less immigrants would mean a slower economy, an economy that appears unattractive to foreign businesses looking to settle somewhere, an economy that is going to overheat soon because there is no way to increase the working population effectively.

I can assure you now that business leaders are far more worried about how long vacancies stay unfilled than they are about the number of unemployed people in a country.

I don't think the ONS has updated this infographic for this year yet, but this was the situation for last year.

This is the state of the country in February.

Every economist will explain to you that an unfulfilled vacancy is lost money for the organisation with the vacancy.

So, next time you call me stupid, make sure you know what you are talking about.

My apologies for suggesting you might be a troll - you've just proved you genuinely are stupid.

Archived