The right to vote

Should poor people, or people getting benefits have the right to vote, as they put nothing into the system, thus some might argue have no right to be involved in the election decision making process.

Most do not vote anyway, so maybe it should be made official?

Doesn't make sense. If I've worked for 30 years, but am currently unemployed, why can't I vote?

Doesn't make sense. If I've worked for 30 years, but am currently unemployed, why can't I vote?

Because those with a increasing proportion of the paper money supply think they should have greater say over how society is run, so they can keep things in their favour and tilt them further in their favour.

They want money to speak louder than people. Money should be given the a 'voice', whilst the poorest are deprived of theirs.

Maybe we could go back to how many votes you get depends on how much money you have?

We could supplement that with whether you are the right class.

Why not add whether you were born here as well?

Btw how do you define people getting benefits? 2/3 of people who get benefits are working.

Pensions are benefits, are we to exclude pensioners as well?

Should poor people, or people getting benefits have the right to vote, as they put nothing into the system, thus some might argue have no right to be involved in the election decision making process.

Most do not vote anyway, so maybe it should be made official?

It really doesn't matter if they vote, the government accedes to almost every demand from big business anyway. This is why I stopped voting, New Labour confirms the impotence of representative government and that's why people like me decide that they might as well not bother.

It really doesn't matter if they vote, the government accedes to almost every demand from big business anyway. This is why I stopped voting, New Labour confirms the impotence of representative government and that's why people like me decide that they might as well not bother.
It would be disastrous for democracy if we all took that position.People have fought for the right to vote, some have died doing so. As little as less then a century ago women were denied the right.

Until the nineties black South Africans were denied the right. I value the freedom to vote knowing others are denied that opportunity.

Archived