Used van recommendations

does anyone have any reccomendations on the best small van to buy(car derived van) and any feedback on where has been a good place to buy a used van have a budget of around £6000 keep getting good reviews on vw caddy and ford connect but also looking at the astra estate with paneled in windows

regards

Peugeot Bipper vans.they are very economical and reliable they also come as a Citroen Nemo,I bought one from R&R cars Ecclesfield it seems to be a decent van and I did not have to pay the dreaded Vat,he seems to have a few vans there from time to time and is a decent bloke to deal with.

• 1 month later...

Depends which mark transit you get id say.

I had a durotorq engined one last time with the dual mass flywheel,a mk6 i think,i would never have another.

The dual mass flywheel sheds dust (like your brakes do) and it gets into the starter motor.

I got tired of having to change them in the end but i was doing alot of mileage.

There is a kit to change to a solid flywheel so if thats been done it would be better.

I had two alternators in a short space of time too and the rear axle self destructed.

My old smiley face one before that was like a tank compared, it was an ex RAC van so had the uprated suspension and payload,dual batteries, towbar fitted,turbo engine and had a good service history.

Was originally from MVS Motors just off the M1,the ex RAC ones are worth a look in my opinion with the upgrades that have been done and the regular servicing,you just have to put up with the orange! Or factor in a respray cost unless you can incorporate the orange into your company identity!

Archived