£300,000 a WEEK. An insult to the working man?

The idea that there is there is a fixed amount of money is ridiculous. It is plainly not true. The people today are much better off than they were 30/40/50/100/200/500 years ago. Has the amount of money in circulation stayed the same for the past 1000 years? Wealth creators create wealth and improved living standards and health for everyone.

You are simply not correct Anna B

No, It's increased substantially. There should be even less of this fixed pot of money for each person to go round :hihi::loopy::loopy::loopy:

It does feel like it.

---------- Post added 28-02-2014 at 20:59 ----------

The people today are much better off than they were 30/40/50/100/200/500 years ago.

Hmmm, it could be said that the cost of living was less expensive 30/40/50 years ago, in other words money went further.

It does feel like it.

---------- Post added 28-02-2014 at 20:59 ----------

Hmmm, it could be said that the cost of living was less expensive 30/40/50 years ago, in other words money went further.

OMG someone still propagating this :hihi:

At least you're keeping anyone with an iota of economic sense amused

How much money did the film "gravity" make? Isn't the star of the movie a large reason why it made so much?

Yes, possibly, but in this instance I would hazzard a guess that the special effects were a bigger draw, the stars were secondary. Replace them with any competent actors and I doubt if the takings would have been that much different.

But I don't really see your point. I still think the gap between rich and poor is going to cause serious divisions in society.

I know you're joking, but she probably spent 3 years working on that film too. From first readings to script work and research through to filming and then press tours. And yes, there are very few people in the world who could do it, like with Rooney.

She wouldn't have been working on Gravity solely for 3 years. Films are on and off projects until filming starts. Filming can last for anything between a few weeks to 6 months. Press usually lasts for a month or two, depending on release dates.

---------- Post added 01-03-2014 at 01:17 ----------

Has the population stayed the same for the past 1000 years? :roll:

Money grows. There's not just a fixed amount. That's ridiculous!

Yes, possibly, but in this instance I would hazzard a guess that the special effects were a bigger draw the stars were secondary. Replace them with any competent actors and I doubt if the takings would have been that much different.

But I don't really see your point. I still think the gap between rich and poor is going to cause serious divisions in society.

If the special effects person had been paid $70 million would that have been OK?

Archived