£300,000 a WEEK. An insult to the working man?

Seems to be quite healthy at the moment and the Bayern are #1 team in the world at the moment. Im saying it doesnt stop them attracting the talent.

A better example of imbalance is La Liga where the split of funds is outrageous.

No, I was talking about the unbalance between Bayern and the other clubs in the Bundesliga. Soon it will be worse than La Liga, as at least in Spain there is competition between Barca and Madrid, currently in Germany there is none.

Personally I have no problem with anyone receiving - he's not earning it in my view - whatever amount of money they can manage to persuade their employer to part with.

In Rooney's case my only comment would be that I believe his club are being stupid and showing their desperation by allowing his agent to pressurise them into this deal.

Firstly he's not a great player in the true meaning of the word. Top drawer, very good, brilliant on occasion yes, but not great.

He's never even been the best player at his club, Ronaldo was better Van Persie is better and when Rooney first joined them Giggs was better.

If I were Van Persie's agent I'd be demanding a meeting to renegotiate his terms.

That's the other problem with this deal, it will unsettle other players and cause futur problems.

The next time they go to sign a top quality player imagine what the wage demand is going to be like. They've established a precedent now and will probably come to regret it.

They should have sold Rooney, to a foreign club if possible, and shown some integrity.

As for the amount involved, it's just supply and demand, good luck to him, hope he invests it wisely and doesn't end up bankrupt as many have before him.

I'm not, I'm supporting the rights of the people that pay to watch him play football, the supporters want to spend their hard earned dosh watching him and 21 other players kick a ball round, the people that support Manchester United pay his wage and if they didn't think he was worth it, they wouldn't give the club their money. If he was paid out of taxation I would have something to complain about, because then I would be contributing to his wage.

Everyone who subscribes to Sky sports pays towards his wages. It's football fans in general, not only Man Utd fans.

Whenever I see someone on a wage like that I just think "Well, he's got a different job than me...he can do that, I can't".

Done.

Sometimes life serves people with tremendous luck. Footballer salaries are very rare, and are reserved for people with incredible talents.

As controversial as it may be, being a doctor or a nurse isn't an incredibly rare talent...so I don't know why they keep on being brought as comparisons.

Whenever I see someone on a wage like that I just think "Well, he's got a different job than me...he can do that, I can't".

Done.

Sometimes life serves people with tremendous luck. Footballer salaries are very rare, and are reserved for people with incredible talents.

As controversial as it may be, being a doctor or a nurse isn't an incredibly rare talent...so I don't know why they keep on being brought as comparisons.

Footballers nowadays are no more talented than players from 40-50 years ago.

It's tv subscriptions to sport channels that's sent wages sky high. Football clubs like Man Utd see turnstyle takings as chicken feed.It doesn't even cover the players wages.

The only way to get equality is in a truly communist state. What we need to strive for is equality of opportunity. The Rooney affair shows that a "working class lad" from a council estate has as much opportunity to better himself as anyone else.

As far as "redistribution of wealth" from the rich to the poor is concerned, it is better achieved by paying Rooney a £300k per week and having him pay tax to fund facilities for the lower paid, than thousands of working class builders, electricians, plumbers and taxi drivers who work on a cash basis that they don't declare for tax,

Google Clare v Cork replay, click on the highlights and watch for a couple of minutes.

I was at the first drawn game 82,260 people in the stadium. Same attendance at the replay.

Shown all over the world, I watched the replay in Majorca. Roy Keane - Corkman - has stated that hurling is 'a better game than football' as have Niall Quinn and Denis Irwin all men who are very familiar with both games.

The players are amatuer's who receive expenses only.

Football has been ruined by money. I'm a Blade but think it's ridiculous that wednesday have to play tomorrow night.

They have to because the rule says no FA cup game can take place whilst a Champions league game is on.

That's what an influx of ridiculous amounts of money does to a sport. It's now a sport second and a business first and the last people they care about are the ordinary supporter.

Don't blame the players taking advantage though.

Rumour has it Sky are sniffing around hurling I dread the thought.

Google Clare v Cork replay, click on the highlights and watch for a couple of minutes.

I was at the first drawn game 82,260 people in the stadium. Same attendance at the replay.

Shown all over the world, I watched the replay in Majorca. Roy Keane - Corkman - has stated that hurling is 'a better game than football' as have Niall Quinn and Denis Irwin all men who are very familiar with both games.

The players are amatuer's who receive expenses only.

Football has been ruined by money. I'm a Blade but think it's ridiculous that wednesday have to play tomorrow night.

They have to because the rule says no FA cup game can take place whilst a Champions league game is on.

That's what an influx of ridiculous amounts of money does to a sport. It's now a sport second and a business first and the last people they care about are the ordinary supporter.

Don't blame the players taking advantage though.

Rumour has it Sky are sniffing around hurling I dread the thought.

SF is slipping - 4 pages until sky is mentioned. Last tour aside, sky money has helped the ecb quite a bit - I guess it's the same for other sports.

Archived