Car park near Sheffield railway station

superherolin

The train to Stockport calls at Dore station in the morning and the majority coming back in the evening do too. There is a free car park at Dore station if you fancy the drive via Gleadless/Bradway - I wouldn't think the traffic should be too bad at 7am!

Alternatively if you park at Halfway tram terminus the Park & Ride ticket is £4.50 per day, £18 per week or £60.50 per month. Buy from the car park machine. You would realistically need to be on the tram departing Halfway at 06:37.

If you did without the parking element a Stagecoach bus & tram pass, valid on the tram and all the Stagecoach buses in Sheffield (from Halfway there is the 71 bus which goes the fast route via Mosborough and Birley Moor or there is the slower but more frequent 120 bus which goes via Crystal Peaks and Hackenthorpe) is £4 per day, £13.50 per week or £46 per month. A tram only pass can be added on to your rail ticket for £2.70 a day or £11 per week.

The rail ticket add on is sold at Sheffield station ticket office, the daily/weekly tickets are sold by bus drivers and tram conductors, the monthly ticket is sold online.

Thanks a lot, Andy!

I think park at Dore is really a good option. My new work placed will be very close to Hazel Grove, there is a train go direct from Dore to there! I have to catch a return train at stockport. But Dore is absolutely a better choice than go to sheffield.

As far as I can see there are only two trains a day that stop at both Hazel Grove and Dore, one in each direction and both in the morning, so on your way back after work you will have to go into Stockport first and then double-back on yourself.

I assume you know this though.

Thanks for mention this, appreciate, I did realized have to travel to stockport to catch a train back :mad: Alternatively I have to travel from Sheffield by tram, which means leave home before 6:30 in the morning.

As far as I can see there are only two trains a day that stop at both Hazel Grove and Dore, one in each direction and both in the morning, so on your way back after work you will have to go into Stockport first and then double-back on yourself.

I assume you know this though.

Also worth noting the same applies for trains between Hazel Grove and Sheffield: only one a day, both in the morning (the same trains as above, actually)

Archived