Children in cafés and restaurants

Er...it was Boothybabe in #157 who dragged in that other thread (about Farage being 'egged'), not me. I merely answered her question.

Read, before you start flinging accusations around!:)

Sorry my brain is a bit scrambled today.

Er...it was Boothybabe in #157 who dragged in that other thread (about Farage being 'egged'), not me. I merely answered her question.

Read, before you start flinging accusations around!:)

Keep going girl im in your corner.They only read what they want to read and then they twist it .

I'm not God, but I too am glad I am not your mother. (You couldn't be my child though, as all mine can punctuate!) :D
Touché.

Alice ... 4,320 Have viewed this and not one agrees with you. Your kids must be so happy with their mum ?!?!? !

I agree with her, as do many others on this thread. In the main the ones who don't are the ones who didn't bother to read the thread properly.

jb

You'll get blisters on your hands if you keeo patting people on the back like that.

:rolleyes:No worse than the blisters on your tongue from twisting people's words....

---------- Post added 03-05-2014 at 00:23 ----------

Touché.

I agree with her, as do many others on this thread. In the main the ones who don't are the ones who didn't bother to read the thread properly.

jb

Thank you, barleycorn.

---------- Post added 03-05-2014 at 00:26 ----------

He'd have to be really playing up.

'Screaming the place down' is generally a sign that a child needs attention. It is not necessarily 'playing up', (which is wilful and deliberate), but it doesn't mean that it can be ignored, especially when out in public.

A restaurant is no place for anyone (of any age) who is screaming. End of!

Screaming the place down' is generally a sign that a child needs attention. It is not necessarily 'playing up', (which is wilful and deliberate), but it doesn't mean that it can be ignored, especially when out in public.

A restaurant is no place for anyone (of any age) who is screaming. End of!

Thanks for that super nanny! Next time I'll know. It's because I'm not giving him enough attention. I bet your kids were angles when they were toddlers?!

Alice BB is correct.

Appallingly behaved children should be controlled by their parents. If they cannot be controlled after a reasonable period, then the parent should take them out of the situation and disrupt their evening, not everybody else's.

Thanks for that super nanny! Next time I'll know. It's because I'm not giving him enough attention. I bet your kids were angles when they were toddlers?!

Ha! 'Not Angles, but angels' (Pope Gregory).

Seriously, please point out anything I have said which (heaven forbid) suggests that my kids were angelic when small. They were just normal. They had occasional tantrums, especially when tired or hungry. But we spent a lot of time with them when tiny, and tried to take their needs into account when we went out anywhere where they might have to sit for any length of time (books, crayons, etc). And positive attention does make a big difference in reducing whingeing, tantrums, etc.

The difference between my kids and those of the laissez-faire apologists on this thread (are you one of them?) is that if they kicked off noisily when we were out in public (in a shop, cafe, at a wedding or theatre performance), we took them outside so they didn't spoil the occasion for everyone else. That way they learnt that life wasn't all about them. Not a bad lesson, I reckon.

Archived