Children in cafés and restaurants

If we take the children into Maccy D's (they all think a rare visit is a great treat :P) and they are a bit loud it doesn't really matter because no-one who goes there can realistically expect much else! They are pretty good in comparison to some of the children I've seen who appear to be accompanied by totally disinterested adults and allowed free rein. Now we accept that to be the case in MacDonalds and other similar eateries, but if adults take children to more upmarket restaurants or hotels, then its up to those adults to ensure their child's behaviour doesn't impact negatively on others who have paid good money to dine there.

Well I thought OP had gone there, only to be on confronted with screaming kids.

Macy's D's seems one down from a nursery these days, what with kiddies birthday parties being held there etc. Hardly the place you would want to hang around in, so what do you expect?

Macy's D's seems one down from a nursery these days, what with kiddies birthday parties being held there etc. Hardly the place you would want to hang around in, so what do you expect?

What exactly did I say which made you jump you to the (mistaken) conclusion that I was talking about eating in MacDonalds (where I never go)?

I can not find where she said that she was visiting McDonalds.Can you tell me witch post says that she means McDonalds.If I have missed it I apologize.

I am glad I'm not alone!

I went past McDungballs in the Metro Centre (Newcastle) at the weekend and it was desperate to see. Bored parents on their mobiles, bored kids kicking off, fighting and and throwing chips around. Factor in large quantities of tomato sauce and it could have been a re-enactment of Culodden.

There, you mention that very restaurant in this post of yours.

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 21:11 ----------

No, you haven't missed it because it doesn't exist! :)

Yes it does, what's this then?

There, you mention that very restaurant in this post of yours.

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 21:11 ----------

Yes it does, what's this then?

It is a description of the depressing scene which may be observed through the window of any branch of MacDonalds. As I have already made abundantly clear, and for a number of very good reasons (moral, ethical, social and nurtitonal), I do not frequent this establishment.

I hope that helps you understand.

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 21:31 ----------

You know my view - I agree with the general thrust of your argument but I think you're possibly too sensitive.

Not sensitive enough to care two hoots what you think, however. :)

It is a description of the depressing scene which may be observed through the window of any branch of MacDonalds. As I have already made abundantly clear, and for a number of very good reasons (moral, ethical, social and nurtitonal), I do not frequent this establishment.

I hope that helps you understand.

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 21:31 ----------

Not sensitive enough to care two hoots what you think, however. :)

I know you don't care. And I don't care that you don't care.

But my advice about carefully selecting dining options is still available for others seeking quiet dining, rather than following a needless ritual of self-punishment in family-friendly restaurants.

Archived