Is there any point in a justice system?

No I'm not wrong, a lawyer from Chambers stated this very fact on the radio yesterday re. GBH, regardless of it being pre-meditated. The consequences were this GBH assault resulted in a death.

It wasn't premeditated, but that doesnt detract from the youth being a knobhead of the highest order.

Just as well you're lawyer then. You are aren't you?

Where are the recognised lawyers from this very forum? They're conspicuous by their absence on this thread.

Perhaps people could just go away and read up on the actual law of murder. They might then realise how the law has dealt with it. Then some people wouldnt need to speak such tosh.

No I'm not wrong, a lawyer from Chambers stated this very fact on the radio yesterday re. GBH, regardless of it being pre-meditated. The consequences were this GBH assault resulted in a death.

You were and remain wrong if you are saying this was a premeditated assault. It wasn't.

If you're conceding that it wasn't premeditated, then great, we have some common ground. Is it your position that he should have been charged with some other offence or that he should have had more than four years?

If it's the latter, I'm Ok with that idea. If the former I'm absolutely not.

Perhaps people could just go away and read up on the actual law of murder. They might then realise how the law has dealt with it. Then some people wouldnt need to speak such tosh.

You mean like the CPS, and the defence team didn't?

Maybe they need to read what the learned posters of the Sheffield Forum say about it rather than listening to 'tosh'.

You were and remain wrong if you are saying this was a premeditated assault. It wasn't.

If you're conceding that it wasn't premeditated, then great, we have some common ground. Is it your position that he should have been charged with some other offence or that he should have had more than four years?

If it's the latter, I'm Ok with that idea. If the former I'm absolutely not.

What is your definition of pre-meditated, time wise?

poppet and boyfriday are either of you lawyers?

Its all very well talking about what you think the law should be, but please dont present opinion as fact.

If you are going to state fact, then back it up.

Lots of this thread is pretty needless and a lot of the stuff wouldnt be posted if people had familiaried themselves with an understanding of the laws on murder.

Thats why the lawyers dont get involved.

Its all very well talking about what you think the law should be, but please dont present opinion as fact.

Lots of this thread is pretty needless and a lot of the stuff wouldnt be posted if people had familiaried themselves with an understanding of the laws on murder.

So why are you contributing to the thread, you've obviously nothing to add.

What you, I, poppet or Halibut have to say or our status is totally irrelevant since our opinion doesn't affect policy.

So why are you contributing to the thread, you've obviously nothing to add.

What you, I, poppet or Halibut have to say or our status is totally irrelevant since our opinion doesn't affect policy.

I was repsonding to tinfoil hat and the question he raised. Thats why I quoted it. You carry on with the cripplefight. maybe one of you might look at the law on murder, its not hard and pretty interesting. Things like intent and pre-mediation all have specific meanings and are covered by case law.

It's a fact that the assault which led to this death wasn't premeditated in the eyes of the law.

I don't need to provide evidence that that's the case. If you say otherwise it's for you to provide evidence that contradicts my statement.

Archived