Bit coins bite the dust?

I have gold and silver bullion, at least I can touch and feel my investment rather than worry about any digital currency disappearing or worth zero.

And you can touch notes and coins too, but value is still what we attribute to it.

What happens to your gold bullion if China suddenly decide to admit to having 100,000 tonnes of reserves, or if scientists invent a nuclear fusion solution to our energy supply that turns lead into gold?

Just watch my lead bullion rocket in value! :)

Well at least you arent that fella who lost over £4m worth of bit coins when he dumped his hdd with them on.

Oh and what SH said about their value applies to every currency, so what cyclone said.

That's sort of what's happened...

the wallet is stored locally (me not knowing this, as you log into their server(s) when mining) thought it would be ok....

so, I mined away, requested to send 390 coins to my wallet (storred locally) but it never made it - and never cashed out, the screen shot I have is the 50btc "Payouts" screen saying "390 - Pending" and that was the last...

Well at least you arent that fella who lost over £4m worth of bit coins when he dumped his hdd with them on.

Oh and what SH said about their value applies to every currency, so what cyclone said.

He dumped his hdd because it had no value. He only lost what he paid for...

Its easy in hindsight. If he knew it had value at what point would you sell...started at £1 doubled to £2....then £32...back to £1....zero

Its value was mainly driven by criminals (drugs ) and now the media.

Its a Ponzi scheme

---------- Post added 28-02-2014 at 21:15 ----------

And you can touch notes and coins too, but value is still what we attribute to it.

What happens to your gold bullion if China suddenly decide to admit to having 100,000 tonnes of reserves, or if scientists invent a nuclear fusion solution to our energy supply that turns lead into gold?

Just watch my lead bullion rocket in value! :)

Like oil there is no shortage of gold. Again like both 90% is paper. China dumped paper gold at $19 - middle of the night :)

If you think the world going to end then gold wont be much value....also you cant eat it :)

ps I wish i kept that penny black doh!

I would have thought, gold is more substantial than regular money.

There is a finite limited amount of the stuff; whereas money is an abstract made-up thing. As such, it's subject to all kinds of esoteric manipulations. Which, is great if you're the one in the know and doing the manipulating in your own favour; but for the regular guy, this a real weakness to money (i.e. you're not in the know, while the people who are, they're pulling the strings and screwing your left right and centre, usually in ways too obscure for regular Joe to be aware of).

Archived