Ukraine warns Russia against 'aggression' in Crimea

It seems like the other mob are now having their say in Eastern Ukraine.

This is the danger when mob rule gets it's way, there's often another mob who have an opposing view and then they want their say.

The West seem to have taken sides and now don't like it that things aren't quite working out how they planned.

It's a complete mess over there and could very easily end in civil war.

Regards

Doom

If it ends in war it wont a a civil one in either geography or manners. Lots of nations will get dragged in as treaties will take effect. We just have to hope our government see sense and keep us the hell out of it.

If it ends in war it wont a a civil one in either geography or manners. Lots of nations will get dragged in as treaties will take effect. We just have to hope our government see sense and keep us the hell out of it.

We have signed a treaty guaranteeing the Ukraine's borders.

need to tear that up then....not our fight....some ukraine citizens want to re-join russia......let them..

Do you believe that appeasement stops the ambitions of aggressors or does it embolden and encourage them to be more aggressive until we are left in a situation where we have to take military action - like when Poland is invaded.

Do you believe that appeasement stops the ambitions of aggressors or does it embolden and encourage them to be more aggressive until we are left in a situation where we have to take military action - like when Poland is invaded.

but this time its really not our fight.....and you'll find poland is safe....

but this time its really not our fight.....and you'll find poland is safe....

I was talking about Poland historically as the result of what happens when you appease aggressors.

The worry is that if we embolden Putin by our lack of action, and he does something really stupid like annexing one of the Baltic countries then it will mean war, whether we like it or not. If we can pursued Putin of our resolve at an early stage to limit his ambition then it will be a look less likely to get to the stage where we have no option but to go to war.

I was talking about Poland historically as the result of what happens when you appease aggressors.

The worry is that if we embolden Putin by our lack of action, and he does something really stupid like annexing one of the Baltic countries then it will mean war, whether we like it or not. If we can pursued Putin of our resolve at an early stage to limit his ambition then it will be a look less likely to get to the stage where we have no option but to go to war.

stop being so dramatic! this will never result in war with the west, leave the baltic countries to find their own levels of occupation, i am sure they will manage to sort it out, maybe even Ukraine will split in two, europe the US , Nato will dare not raise a finger! they can spout economic sanctions rhetoric but in the big picture of Russias future they wont care. the people are speaking in these areas.

We have signed a treaty guaranteeing the Ukraine's borders.

So did Russia but that doe`s not mean a thing to them,will the E.U. be any better?One of the problems with Ukraine is that they have been forced to learn to speak Ukrainian in schools and the text books and official documents are now in Ukranian whereas most of the older generations mother tongue is Russian and they want to revert back to that.

Edited by Kidorry

To be honest, I don't think we'll do much apart from bluster over Ukraine.

It's the Baltic states that worry me as they are fully paid up members of NATO - if Russia sends troops in there, I'd be fairly certain of them invoking article 5 which would lead down the road to war.