Grannies off their heads on smack?

Drug and alcohol abuse is often associated with partying teenagers and students.

But substance misuse is a growing problem among older people, a charity has warned.

A report from DrugScope has revealed a rapid increase in the number of over-40s drinking too much and taking illegal drugs.

It shows that the population of heroin users is ageing and that their health is rapidly deteriorating. Problems related to use of the drug are compounded by the ageing process.

While the number of under-30s seeking help with heroin addiction has been falling steadily, the number of over-40s in treatment has increased rapidly since 2005.

The report also revealed that growing numbers of over-50s are using cannabis.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2569107/Soaring-numbers-40s-taking-heroin-using-cannabis-binge-drinking-experts-warn.html#ixzz2uXuJ3prH

Young people are more sober than ever. The righteous generation just don't bother with drink and drugs.

Older people still use drugs, and heroin use in older people is increasingly massively, as the people blighted by the addiction spread in the 1980s get older. The 'druggie' generation.

When you smell a bit of 'weed' on public transport, it could quite easily be a pensioner.

When you think about heroin addiction and who uses in your neighbourhood, it is quite likely that the granny net door is using, whilst the unemployed young man down the road, is drug free.

Is it acceptable for grannies to be using drugs? Are they the ones stealing all the joints of meat in t'supermarket?

Is your nan really good at baking cakes because she always has the munchies?

It's true, all my nephews and nieces hardly drink at all, and have no drug dependencies I know of. However they have an uncle who uses cocaine, one seriously alcoholic aunt, parents who regularly tipple twice the recommended units, and me who's addicted to prescribed meds (oh, and boozing).

It's true, all my nephews and nieces hardly drink at all, and have no drug dependencies I know of. However they have an uncle who uses cocaine, one seriously alcoholic aunt, parents who regularly tipple twice the recommended units, and me who's addicted to prescribed meds (oh, and boozing).

I seem to be one of the few out of my younger relatives who even drinks & smokes. Practically all of my older relatives drink and smoke, and a few use other stuff too.

Have jokingly said and heard quite often, the few of us growing up in my age group who did 'party' a bit, will be the last generation to do so.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2569107/Soaring-numbers-40s-taking-heroin-using-cannabis-binge-drinking-experts-warn.html#ixzz2uXuJ3prH

Young people are more sober than ever. The righteous generation just don't bother with drink and drugs.

Older people still use drugs, and heroin use in older people is increasingly massively, as the people blighted by the addiction spread in the 1980s get older. The 'druggie' generation.

When you smell a bit of 'weed' on public transport, it could quite easily be a pensioner.

When you think about heroin addiction and who uses in your neighbourhood, it is quite likely that the granny net door is using, whilst the unemployed young man down the road, is drug free.

Is it acceptable for grannies to be using drugs? Are they the ones stealing all the joints of meat in t'supermarket?

Is your nan really good at baking cakes because she always has the munchies?

Lol thread's title :hihi: - reminds me of a storyline from Coronation Street where Roy Cropper's Mum got the munchies as she was unwittingly eating too many canabis brownies cooked up by her cronies at the OAP centre :hihi:

Archived