Are Lonely Hearts Happy?

Well, seeing as valentines day has long passed.

Do single people ever find happiness and the frustration behind trying your best to get on never bringing rewards.

---------- Post added 27-02-2014 at 20:06 ----------

How do you feel when you feel worthless, devoid of any happiness and nobody knows you exist.

---------- Post added 27-02-2014 at 20:09 ----------

Getting out and doing social activities never lead to anything, closed doors all around and people running a mile.

Never having that spark and nobody taking any interest in me as a person to want to know how I tick.

I am beyond the need to carry on, nothing positive is happening, years and years of nothing going nowhere.

Do single people ever find happiness and the frustration behind trying your best to get on never bringing rewards.

How do you feel when you feel worthless, devoid of any happiness and nobody knows you exist.

Getting out and doing social activities never lead to anything, closed doors all around and people running a mile.

Never having that spark and nobody taking any interest in me as a person to want to know how I tick.

I am beyond the need to carry on, nothing positive is happening, years and years of nothing going nowhere.

Have you considered seeing a counsellor?

Completely agree. Great f***ing society.

Completely agree. Great f***ing society.

Most generally live comfortably within it. A few don't. A few even blame the society they live within, even when society doesn't even know they exist. There are some within it that are so at odds they'll never fit in.

Q:"why can't someone love me?"

A: Probably because you're a controlling freak that sees friendship as something else.

You really have to ask yourself why "people run a mile".

It's that time of the month again for BEDSOCK.

Many single people are very happy with their status as single people, but it must be heartbreaking to be single and resent it.

If you think nobody knows you exist then do something to try to change that - that may mean doing things differently to what you're doing now. Join an activity group, college course or volunteer project. Don't go in with the expectation of finding a partner; people will only pick up on it, and it may intimidate them.

We've all felt needy at times, particularly when we're down, but it's not an attractive trait. Invest in friendships, where you can have a laugh when you're happy, and commiserate when you're not.

You sound like you're caught in a vicious circle - try some counselling. Between now and going to the doctor to ask, think about how what you want from the counselling, try to be specific. If you just say "I feel miserable all the time", the counsellor won't know where to start. If you can pinpoint the problem, and be truly honest about how you feel and how it's affecting you, you've more chance of change.

Try self help strategies too - but start small and work your way up to the big things.

Best of luck

Lonely hearts can be happy once they are happy with themselves...

Stop looking and stop trying, it'll happen....

It did for me, I gave up looking and trying, then in less than 12 months things changed and I now have a wonderful girlfriend, we are now on 5 months together and couldn't be happier together...

All I need to do now, is sort out my other problems! :S

You really have to ask yourself why "people run a mile".

There is not much difference between us all, is there? I have been single for many years, but I am sure I am more of a person that some that have a partner; I just havnt tried enough times to find that person.

I know people that have been internet and speed dating, they have tried and failed. I am too optimistic for my own good.

Its almost spring :)

Archived