Insuring a wheelchair accessible vehicle

I am thinking ahead, to when I buy my next vehicle. Are wheelchair accessible vehicles the same price to insure as ordinary vehicles?

I am thinking that they may be a good multi-purpose vehicle, and cheap. Do insurers charge extra, or is it against the law to discriminate?

I am thinking ahead, to when I buy my next vehicle. Are wheelchair accessible vehicles the same price to insure as ordinary vehicles?

I am thinking that they may be a good multi-purpose vehicle, and cheap. Do insurers charge extra, or is it against the law to discriminate?

Insurers will ask you if the vehicle is modified from standard. At that point you then find out if they will charge you more.

It may not be the case that they will - as a Scout Leader I got a discount for carrying Scouts in the car as it shows I'm more socially responsible and less likely to crash apparantly... I suppose it depends on what you are going to use the vehicle for.

You have to declare it when mentioning modifications, online there is generally a variety of disability options,I don't think it costs any more, I used to drive an adapted vw sharan and insurance costs seemed ok?

If its declared, if anything happens I 'think' the insurers are supposed to provide you with a hire car with similar adaptations, but don't quote me on that!

Archived