Obama jogging round the White House in support of Wife's campaign.

Obama's time is up in 2016. If Hillary Clinton decides to run for the Dems she could start jogging across cointry during her election campaign. That might be a good "elect me gimmick"

I wouldnt see New Jersey Governor Chis Christie doing much jogging though. If he ends up as her Republican rival for the White House I would probably decide to vote for him anyway

I would become an American just to vote for him :D

You must be easily impressed.

Apart from being a good auto-cue reader, what has he actually done over the last 6 years?

ObamaCare? ObamaCare's cost is estimated at up to net cost of $1.36 trillion dollars by 2023. This at a time when the U.S. national debt exceeds $17 trillion. And that's the official figure, excluding $200 trillion (yes, trillion) in unfunded liabilities.

(Unfunded liabilities are things which the government is committed to paying out for, but for which there is f**k all money.)

Obama has done very little to tackle Wall Street criminality.

How Obama failed to rein in Wall St.

He pledged to close Guantanamo Bay.

"We will close the detention camp in Guantanamo Bay, the location of so many of the worst constitutional abuses in recent years."

It's still open.

He pledged to reduce domestic spying on U.S. citizens.

"We reject the tracking of citizens who do nothing more than protest a misguided war." (2008)

Now we know (through leaks rather than disclosure) that the NSA is monitoring millions of domestic mobile phone calls (a clear violation of the Fourth Amendment) as well as many other calls worldwide, including America's allies.

The National Security Agency is reportedly collecting almost 5 billion cell phone records a day under a program that monitors and analyses highly personal data about the precise whereabouts of individuals, wherever they travel in the world.

The Guardian, 5 December 2013

LINK

They're even collecting personal details from apps like Angry Birds.

"We will revisit the Patriot Act and overturn unconstitutional executive decisions issued during the past eight years."

Patriot Act Extension Signed By Obama

"We will not ship away prisoners in the dead of night to be tortured in far off countries, or detain without trial or charge prisoners who can and should be brought to justice for their crimes, or maintain a network of secret prisons to jail people beyond the reach of the law." (2008)

Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns

Now Obama certainly looks the part of a caring, crusading president in the JFK mould but that's all. His actions (or lack of them) tell a different story.

Now in this age of style over substance, celebrity culture and the sound bite, maybe looking good in a suit and having a photogenic wife is enough for many people. But not me.

Archived