When can it be claimed something is 'disabled friendly' please?

Wheelchair friendly ramps to gain access to any building, Wide shopping and checkout aisles to accommodate wheelchair. Toilets with lowered sinks to wheelchair height, and cubical large enough to accommodate wheelchair. Having said all that. disability is not restricted to a wheelchair. Hard question to answer.

It's not even as simple as that -a while after legeslation came through watchdog did a test in that there london and less than 1 in 5 high street chains have ramps or a plan for disabled people. I know someone who own a shop where a ramp would have impossible or stupidly expensive. However they explained the situation, were able to show the powers that be how they could assist wheelchair users and that was that - which is more a macdonalds did by just suggesting a wheelchair user go down the station which had disabled toilets because they didn't.

The Disability Discrimination Act is a good place to start for guidance. Basically, employers and services are required to take 'reasonable steps' to enable disabled people to use them.

in my opinion, it would be if it was very easy access (no steps and/or very low graded ramp) had disabled toilet with again very easy access, and had a slightly lowerdesk/counter serving hatch.

this is my experience of pushing a wheelchair around the last 3 years

As the title says, what is the minimum that should be expected when something is claimed to be 'disabled friendly' or 'accessible to the disabled' please, either in terms of an event, or a building? Thanks in advance! :)

PM DouglasJ on here. He works in relation to DDA enforcement.

Archived