Vulnerable man starved to death after his benefits were cut

Unfortunately there is no regular help for a great many people who need it. Mental health issues come way down the list.

Absolutley - and what we do know is that this man was said to be too proud to ask for help.

We're encouraged to believe (by the scum media)that people on benefits are con artists and grab everything that's going...But it is know that for every £1 that is falsely claimed, there is £16 that goes unclaimed.

And some people don't like making a fuss - even when a fuss should be made

Is your sister mentally/physically disabled? If not then the length of time you've not seen her is irrelevant here. Plus I suspect it's because there's some distance between the two of you. This guy's family lived in the same area.

If she was I doubt there would be much I could do. The fact is some people require more help than family can give and the support system for such people is being rundown by the government who bring in contractors simply to remove people from benefits

If she was I doubt there would be much I could do. The fact is some people require more help than family can give and the support system for such people is being rundown by the government who bring in contractors simply to remove people from benefits

Of course families should look out for each other, but the root of this problem is that the man lost his benefits.

When people lose their benefits what do the government suppose they live on - fresh air?

Hopefully the family will step in and support them, but often the family are struggling themselves, and not everyone has family in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
Quite right too, I'm sure many people claiming benefits have plenty of spare cash hidden away either in savings accounts, redundancy cash or high value assets. Only people with something to hide would oppose such a policy.

Shame they don't go after tax dodging corporations with the same verve.

Archived