Teacher suspended after tape put over school kids mouths

If a teacher of primary age children is unable to control them, then the teacher is unfit to teach, or a critical majority of pupils in that class have parents who do not value education and have not taught their children to respect adults in authority, or both.

Whichever is the case, taping mouths is completely unacceptable. It's not the end of the world, but it suggests the teacher has 'flipped' and is not a safe pair of hands. She needs help.

My needlework teacher flipped once and flung a pair of dressmaking scissors at my friend, who was chatting in class. She was hit on the eyebrow and ended up with stitches (ironically), although she could easily have been blinded.

There's a good reason for the rules.

Completely clear thank you. As I mentioned above, could you PM me your opinions when you have more information? I am not always around to check the threads on a regular basis and I am sooooo looking forward to your take on this.

Tempting, but i'll pass.

---------- Post added 08-03-2014 at 21:32 ----------

If a teacher of primary age children is unable to control them, then the teacher is unfit to teach, or a critical majority of pupils in that class have parents who do not value education and have not taught their children to respect adults in authority, or both.

Whichever is the case, taping mouths is completely unacceptable. It's not the end of the world, but it suggests the teacher has 'flipped' and is not a safe pair of hands. She needs help.

My needlework teacher flipped once and flung a pair of dressmaking scissors at my friend, who was chatting in class. She was hit on the eyebrow and ended up with stitches (ironically), although she could easily have been blinded.

There's a good reason for the rules.

That's one of the things that will come out. Why they did it, also what they did. Nobody has said it was professional or a wise thing to do. Not every day you take potentially career ending action.

Take it there and then, if you like. It looks worse that way: Lined up, ranted at and mouths taped shut.

That is pretty ridiculous behaviour from a professional in charge of a group of children.

NO its not do you live a sheltered life. Kids today can be right hooligans i saw a gang of 8 or 9 years old fighting outside shool last week dont wrap them in cotton wool dipstick :hihi::hihi: Teachers have a right job controling them bring back the cane and only them that deserve it will get it . Never did me any lasting harm:huh::huh:

NO its not do you live a sheltered life. Kids today can be right hooligans i saw a gang of 8 or 9 years old fighting outside shool last week dont wrap them in cotton wool dipstick :hihi::hihi: Teachers have a right job controling them bring back the cane and only them that deserve it will get it . Never did me any lasting harm:huh::huh:

Whilst I'm not disagreeing with you then surely it's the responsibility of the parents to teach heir kids some discipline.

Those who withhold the rod hate their children, but the one who loves them applies discipline.

In which case, I will bow to your greater experience:rolleyes:

What made me smile one was an asian lad having a right scrap with a white lad. The white lad had got the asian kid by the hair dragging him round. The aisan lads father was stood watching and said let them get on with it so we stood watching for 5 mins. He gave as good as he got and then some one came and seperated them and they went on there way like lads do. :hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 09-03-2014 at 12:53 ----------

Whilst I'm not disagreeing with you then surely it's the responsibility of the parents to teach heir kids some discipline.

Those who withhold the rod hate their children, but the one who loves them applies discipline.

DO you think the kids of today tell there parents when they do some thing wrong. They are a lot smarter than we were at that age :hihi:

You can have discipline without resorting to physical violence. It takes more effort granted, but if you love your children then surely this extra effort is worth it.

What made me smile one was an asian lad having a right scrap with a white lad. The white lad had got the asian kid by the hair dragging him round. The aisan lads father was stood watching and said let them get on with it so we stood watching for 5 mins. He gave as good as he got and then some one came and seperated them and they went on there way like lads do.

I am struggling to see why their ethnicity has anything to do with anything here. Why did you tell us?

Archived