Teacher suspended after tape put over school kids mouths

Which planet do you live on ./ have a run out to darnall and try walking round after 7 p.m. :hihi: l love the biirkas

Please don't try to patronise me. I am not doubting that what you described happened; I simply questioned why you chose to tell us the boys' racial types, when they were - presumably - nothing to do with your anecdote (which was about two boys scrapping in the street).

You still haven't answered the question.

Please don't try to patronise me. I am not doubting that what you described happened; I simply questioned why you chose to tell us the boys' racial types, when they were - presumably - nothing to do with your anecdote (which was about two boys scrapping in the street).

You still haven't answered the question.

Just noticed you are a known troll. Back under your bridge troll:hihi::hihi:

If a teacher of primary age children is unable to control them, then the teacher is unfit to teach, or a critical majority of pupils in that class have parents who do not value education and have not taught their children to respect adults in authority, or both.

Whichever is the case, taping mouths is completely unacceptable. It's not the end of the world, but it suggests the teacher has 'flipped' and is not a safe pair of hands. She needs help.

My needlework teacher flipped once and flung a pair of dressmaking scissors at my friend, who was chatting in class. She was hit on the eyebrow and ended up with stitches (ironically), although she could easily have been blinded.

There's a good reason for the rules.

Are you saying that part of teacher training is how to deal with children that misbehave?

If so, throwing scissors, blackboard dusters etc. at children is hardly conducive to improving a child's long term behaviour. Not much psychology involved in that if that's what teachers learnt as part of their course.

From a newspaper article

By the age of 10,most kids are bleeding from the eyeballs from over-exposure to iPhones and gaming devices so i am sure a bit of humble sticky tape to the lips was not going to do them any harm.

if i had my way,i would gaffer tape tape the kids'gobs shut for the duration of the school day - and tape the parents traps shut while i was at it.stapling a few of worst offenders to there chairs with an industrial stapler doesn't seem a bad idea.

If a teacher of primary age children is unable to control them, then the teacher is unfit to teach, or a critical majority of pupils in that class have parents who do not value education and have not taught their children to respect adults in authority, or both.

Clearly if all parents have taught their children to respect adults in authority, the teacher won't have to control the class, and if the teacher can't control primary age children that haven't been taught to respect adults in authority, then the teacher isn't doing what is necessary to control them.

Clearly if all parents have taught their children to respect adults in authority, the teacher won't have to control the class, and if the teacher can't control primary age children that haven't been taught to respect adults in authority, then the teacher isn't doing what is necessary to control them.

I could not agree with you more.

It's the parents' job to teach their children discipline and not the teachers'.

Are you saying that part of teacher training is how to deal with children that misbehave?

If so, throwing scissors, blackboard dusters etc. at children is hardly conducive to improving a child's long term behaviour. Not much psychology involved in that if that's what teachers learnt as part of their course.

Please do not misread what I posted. In no way was I condoning my needlework teacher's behaviour - it was totally unacceptable. By 'rules', I mean the rules which forbid teachers to chastise pupils physically.

---------- Post added 16-03-2014 at 22:29 ----------

It's the parents' job to teach their children discipline and not the teachers'.

Well, it's both, but if the parents have failed it makes the teacher's job much harder - so more time is spent in teaching behaviour and less on the formal curriculum.

\

Well, it's both, but if the parents have failed it makes the teacher's job much harder - so more time is spent in teaching behaviour and less on the formal curriculum.

\

And when the teachers fail it makes the parents job much harder, the more time teachers do nothing about disruptive behavior the more work parents have to do at home.

And when the teachers fail it makes the parents job much harder, the more time teachers do nothing about disruptive behavior the more work parents have to do at home.

The trouble is that teachers are often left to clear up the mess caused by poor parenting.

Would you believe that there are still some parents who believe that it is ok to physically abuse kids in order to instil "discipline".

The trouble is that teachers are often left to clear up the mess caused by poor parenting.

Would you believe that there are still some parents who believe that it is ok to physically abuse kids in order to instil "discipline".

There's also the problem that parents have to clear up the mess left by teachers, because some teachers let kids get away with murder and some punish kids for no good reason. Would you believe that some teachers actually punish the entire class for the actions of just a few disruptive kids.

Archived