Teacher suspended after tape put over school kids mouths

The trouble is that teachers are often left to clear up the mess caused by poor parenting.
Yes. And it takes many forms. The most depressing is when they shove the kid in at the school gate aged 4 and a half with no communication or conversation skills, as the poor child has never been talked to, other than at the most perfunctory level. They've had a lot of photographs taken of them and put on facebook, but it's not quite the same as being able to articulate an opinion, describe a feeling, narrate an event in their life, and engage in conversational turn-taking.

Then, when the child is in Year 11, the parents decide that they know better than the teachers and decide to take them to Benidorm or Magaluf for a holiday when they should be at school. That's poor parenting, too.

Would you believe that there are still some parents who believe that it is ok to physically abuse kids in order to instil "discipline".

Sadly, there are. But in what other context in a civilised society would big, strong people be allowed to thump small, weak people with impunity? When will the cretinous half-wits realise that, apart from being morally abhorrent and possibly criminal, it simply doesn't work?

There's also the problem that parents have to clear up the mess left by teachers, because some teachers let kids get away with murder and some punish kids for no good reason. Would you believe that some teachers actually punish the entire class for the actions of just a few disruptive kids.

Why don't you put them on your list of people to have hanged and then there will be more resources for the good kids ?

Update on this story

Sorry it's only the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2577098/It-game-pupils-suggested-says-devastated-Sellotape-row-teacher.html

Teacher is Spanish and 27.

It was an Art class.

They were asked to draw themselves and to focus they were asked only to communicate via signs. Pupils suggested using the tape as part of a game to draw in silence and were giggling and laughing about it.

Her version

She said the idea of the Sellotape was one the children came up with as a way of reminding them they couldn’t speak, that they were laughing and enjoying themselves.’

She is said to have left the lesson in good spirits thinking the class had gone well, and been surprised and appalled when parents contacted the school to complain.

Parents version

Parents claimed that some of the children ripped the tape off because they were struggling to breathe, while other were left with bleeding lips when the tape was removed, and several said they were scared about returning to school.

Doesnt sound like a teacher going postal, but maybe naive? Kids will need a consistent story to deny it was a game.

Her version

She said the idea of the Sellotape was one the children came up with as a way of reminding them they couldn’t speak, that they were laughing and enjoying themselves.’

She is said to have left the lesson in good spirits thinking the class had gone well, and been surprised and appalled when parents contacted the school to complain.

Are you following the Oscar Pistorious trial at all?

If so, you should be well versed in wacky defence claims.

But in what other context in a civilised society would big, strong people be allowed to thump small, weak people with impunity? When will the cretinous half-wits realise that, apart from being morally abhorrent and possibly criminal, it simply doesn't work?

Scenario: Child is playing and hits parent.

Mother: Don't hit me, never hit mummy or Daddy.

Child: But mummy, last night Daddy hit me.

How confusing, try explaining that to a young child. If the parent replies, that's because you done something wrong, is the child to expect to see people hit his parents whenever they do something wrong?

Doesnt sound like a teacher going postal, but maybe naive? Kids will need a consistent story to deny it was a game.

Maybe she is still inexperienced at the teaching field then. As this is a minefield, and even if she feels that the children are enjoying themselves, she need to be strict to enforce a kind of discipline so that they do not end up hurting each other indirectly and they have to be herded or guarded into a particular direction.

When I see my sister handle my nephew, I can see why. Sometimes when he is a little bit defiant, he can actually do things to hurt himself. In those circumstances, you need to try and reduce this behaviour and coax them into the right direction.

Because children do not know the adult world yet, but they can know how things affect them immediately. It seems that she did wanted quietness from the children, and one children took it out of context to start playing around with sellotapes, and then others may be in on the game, but some did not like it, so you have a situation whereby some liked it, played up, some did not cos it hurt, and the ones that are hurt went home upset, but she is not to know as maybe during the time it was funny and everyone laughed, until they discovered the sore lips from peeling away the sellotapes too quickly. So child goes to mommy upset. Mommy gets more upset when they see the sore lips, and from what is an innocent game has turned into a nightmare and accusation goes everywhere.

Well, this is the real world unfortunately. I do not know why the police got involved. I hope for her sake that she recovers from this and learn from it as well and how parents do have to take a strong interest in their children's upbringing in this kind of scary world in this modern day.

Archived