Empire Bar - your views.

i've been there a few times, have never had any trouble and really enjoyed myself. i'd say give it a go. there might be some trouble there now and again, but no more than in any other club or bar i've been to. but when there's black people involved, people are quick to say never go there again, wear a bulletproof vest if you do go, wannabe gangsters etc etc etc, whereas if it was a predominantly white club, the odd spot of bother would be ignored providing most of the time it was fine. i'm not saying this is all racism, but there are definitely racially prejudiced undertones from a lot of people on this forum, where rnb/hip hop/garage clubs are involved. maybe a bit controversial, but i'm thinkin it, so it's gettin posted!

Well said. I totally agree.

I am not interested in a debate about the issue of racism. This thread is about the safety or otherwise of this particular venue. If it is unsafe (for whatever reason) then I may have to think again about going there in future and will want to find a more suitable town centre bar.

My rerquirments for a bar are mainly that it is a place where I can go and (hopefully) meet girls in a safe environment. Can anyone recomend such a place?

I am not interested in a debate about the issue of racism. This thread is about the safety or otherwise of this particular venue.

Erm.. no! the thread is about whatever mostly comes up in discussion, you might have meant it to be something else originally, but hey things change, that's life mate! And so what if you're not interested in a discussion on the issues of racism, who says you have to contribute!? Just read what you wanna read, and I'll post what i wanna post. Simple really innit mate!:loopy:

Peacenlove, i like u mate! We have 2 meet up sometime lol uv just said everythin im thinkin! Iv never been to Empire bar myself, but i think im gonna go sometime in the near future as a mate recommended it to me tonite, and i no whatever he likes i tend to like too. Hope to see all u Empire supporters there soon :thumbsup:;)

Erm.. no! the thread is about whatever mostly comes up in discussion, you might have meant it to be something else originally, but hey things change, that's life mate! And so what if you're not interested in a discussion on the issues of racism, who says you have to contribute!? Just read what you wanna read, and I'll post what i wanna post. Simple really innit mate!:loopy:

Actually it is not that simple. If you want to discuss racism then start a thread on it and people can give their views.

I asked about this bar because I want to meet girls but to do so in a safe environment. The problem is that people are saying things about the bar because they have an axe to grind about a completely different subject. I want honest info not people being overly critical because they are racist or being unercritical because they don't like racism.

Racism is not my concern, celibacy is.

Actually it is not that simple. If you want to discuss racism then start a thread on it and people can give their views.

I asked about this bar because I want to meet girls but to do so in a safe environment. The problem is that people are saying things about the bar because they have an axe to grind about a completely different subject. I want honest info not people being overly critical because they are racist or being unercritical because they don't like racism.

Racism is not my concern, celibacy is.

Hate to break it to ya mate, but it is that simple! What do you think has been mainly discussed in this thread. Internet forums aren't that complicated! Like I said, Empire's good, give it a go, and I wish you luck in your quest not to be celibate, but, unless you're a total minger, complete freak, or major bore, most bars and clubs should be alrightish pick up joints (as that seems to be all you're interested in!). Good luck anyway:thumbsup:

(oh and as for the comment: "racism is not my concern", how ignorant! imagine if people went round saying: "animal cruelty/homelesness/aids/starvation/child cruelty etc etc is not my concern"!!!!!!! Who's frickin concern is it then?! They're everyone's concerns and thank goodness not everyone thinks like you, else the world would be more of a mess than it already is!)

Just to set the record stright, I have posted on the subject of racism in threads where that is appropriate (ie, discussions of it). I have always been critical of both genuineracists and ott political correctness.

With respect, this thread was not about setting the world to rights but rather an attempt to improve my own sittuation. If you really belive that people are unjustly critisising the empire bar for whatever reason (including racism) then I thank you for your comments. However, my main concern here is trying to get as accurate impression as possible of the bar so as to make the best judgement about wheter or not to vist it again.

Archived